The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Wait a minute . . . there was a third Balto movie? I honestly had no idea.
Mm-hmm. Just two sequels. I'll give Universal some credit, though, much as they barely even acknowledge that Balto existed (giving North American fans the same fullscreen DVD from 2002 reprinted last year even though there are better DVD editions available in foreign countries), they pulled the plug on it after the third movie before they could run it into the ground...

...while The Land Before Time gets a new sequel coming out next month, after the last one came out barely over eight years ago!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I knew about the second movie, I remember it coming out in like . . . 1999? Something like that? But I didn't know there was also a third movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
...while The Land Before Time gets a new sequel coming out next month, after the last one came out barely over eight years ago!
Aw dang it! I was so sure that they had let the franchise die. But,nooo they were just waiting for the kids to get older so that they could market these terrible movies to different kids who aren't tired of them yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at this point, no one under the age of 25 (and that's being generous with my estimation) has even seen the original. Took them long enough just to make it a TV series (what they should have been doing), but it clearly wasn't successful by the time it came out after all those sequels.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at this point, no one under the age of 25 (and that's being generous with my estimation) has even seen the original. Took them long enough just to make it a TV series (what they should have been doing), but it clearly wasn't successful by the time it came out after all those sequels.
To be fair, Universal put out a widescreen DVD and Blu-ray of the original back in October. Chances are, some older fans are showing it to their kids (if they have any, of course).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably missed it because the very same gimmick of just slapping a character's head on a DVD cover instead of actual artwork to make it pop better makes these things look less remarkable. But glad to hear that the original is still available.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
By the way, any North Americans on this discussion anticipating the local release of the film adaptation of The Little Prince that came out last year... and is coming out in March?

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Apparently, according to the YMMV page on TVTropes, Norm of the North gets a 0% Rotten Tomatoes score.

Very nice.
Well, at least some actual reviews, and not just astroturfed ones, are on IMDB now.

Unfortunately... it will no doubt make back its (ludicrously small) budget.