Did Spam sue the Muppets?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Did anyone know that in Hawaii the local people loce the meat subsitute very much that I think it is even on the McDonalds menu.

I'm surprised they made such a big deal out of a character being named Spam. If I were them, I would have asked JH to use product placement and put a picture of the puppet on Spam tins.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, I heard somewhere that if they don't protect their copyright, they face losing it. So yeah, it maybe a stupid lawsuit, and they are suing a company that calls itself Anti-spam or something like that because of the trademark they have on it. Very silly, but then again, these are the people who sponsor Monty Pythons play "Spamalot", so........yeah.

Daniel

Beauregard

Reaction score
Did anyone know that in Hawaii the local people loce the meat subsitute very much that I think it is even on the McDonalds menu.

I'm surprised they made such a big deal out of a character being named Spam. If I were them, I would have asked JH to use product placement and put a picture of the puppet on Spam tins.
But Spa'am was a hideously ugly wild boar, with no manners, and bad breath. Their entire point in the legal battle was that he suggested that Spam was gross.

Sheesh...how exactly did they win again?