Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Not a TV show or movie, but in a Pearls Before Swine comic one of the crocodiles who talk like a caveman said that he learned to talk from Sesame Street. It then cut to a picture of him yelling
"Me want cookie!" at the TV screen.
Another book reference. In the first Diary of a Wimpy book, Greg's little brother Manny starts singing C is For Cookie.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On Happy Tree Friends Wiki, there is an ask the Happy Tree Friends thread and somebody asked Nutty how he isn't fat or diabetic yet and he replied with,
"I learned from the expert:Cookie Monster!".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Peter Griffin says "It's where the pilgrims landed, Fraggle Rock!" in one episode. That joke is the whole reason my Family Guy fanatic friend knows what Fraggle Rock is, lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Professor Farnsworth said that the German word for elephant is "Schullefullafagus" or some word that intentionally sounded like Snuffulupagus like that in an episode of Futurama.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
In another episode, he picks up a doll called a Tickle Me Bender that yells,
"Stop touching my junk you pervert!". That made me and Mom laugh so hard when were watching it together, :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was sick in bed watching American Dad a few weeks ago and Francine said,
"I'm the Cookie Monster of good news!" and did an impression of him.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So on The Last Man on Earth, Tandy was name-dropping inspirational people in an episode a while back, not going to go into full details, becuase it's kind of complicated to explain, long story short, one of them was Jim Henson.