The Clarence thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The 3rd season of Clarence will be the last, apparently.

https://www.srothbell.com/blog/2017/4/5/updates

It's a shame, but considering it premiered with an episode where Sumo had to move to a different school due to a neighborhood zoning plan, and has stuck ever since, that should have been a sign of things to come.
That is sad, but I guess the network's recent treatment of the show was a pretty big indicator. Oh well, at least the show will go out while it's still good. Like you said, Sumo moving to another school was probably a sign it was ending, so hopefully the creators have an ending planned/made already. With this show, Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, Regular Show , and potentially Steven Universe all ending, it's the end of an era. I hope they can find great shows to fill the void.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Following in the footsteps of Adventure Time, Clarence finally had its own story arc. It was a 6-parter where Clarence wanted to hold a huge sleepover for all his friends and even the school faculty, but a power outage during a severe thunderstorm forces him to think otherwise. Each part focused on a different group of characters, with my favorite being part 5 that focused on Meg the substitute, who now works at a convenience store clerk who turns tyrannical just to save her job. 2nd place would have to be with Jeff staying with Clarence's parents in part 2 and going mad with guilt over knocking out the power
that turned out to be not his fault in the end.

Oh yeah, and Ms. Baker was about to move to California, feeling like she was useless as a teacher.
She was eventually convinced to stay in Aberdale when she was needed to maintain order in the school gym.

C to the J

Reaction score
There will be new episodes coming on during this month. If you've seen commercials advertising new episodes during the 6-part story arc, you might have seen Clarence getting the chance to say "New New New New!" like other characters from different shows (e.g. Ice Bear showing up and saying, "Ice Bear says New four times." - unexpected yet clever). Clarence's way of saying it is by far my favorite.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noted that Camden's appearance and voice resembles Tex Avery's Droopy?

They both have red hair, drooping cheeks, and their voices sound very similar...

mr3urious

Reaction score
The episode where Clarence and his pals meet the home-schooled kid was real cute. I especially like how Jeff finds her lack of "having fun" unusual, which was something he would never think about in the 1st season, showing just how much he had developed ever since meeting Clar and Sumo. Sure, it parallels the Recess episode with Library Girl quite a bit where she takes a real walk on the wild side and gets "corrupted", but these are always entertaining to me.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The episode where Clarence and his pals meet the home-schooled kid was real cute. I especially like how Jeff finds her lack of "having fun" unusual, which was something he would never think about in the 1st season, showing just how much he had developed ever since meeting Clar and Sumo. Sure, it parallels the Recess episode with Library Girl quite a bit where she takes a real walk on the wild side and gets "corrupted", but these are always entertaining to me.
Haha, yeah, I can definitely relate. As a homeschool kid myself, it took me a while to come out of my shell. And i've met a lot of other kids like that.

snichols1973

Reaction score
At the end of "Big Trouble in Little Aberdale", Lauren's dad encourages her to sit down and have a gentle, heart-to-heart talk using puppets.

It almost sounds like Lauren's dad may be based on Fred Rogers from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood...