And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
The only reason Ross Perot had any kind of opportunity is because he is filthy rich and self-funded his own campaign. He is the exception. It is a rigged system because the only people that can afford to run are the filthy rich, both Democrats and Republicans. Google the salaries and wealth of U.S. politicians. Then add in to that the lobbyist's and their contributions to these same rich people's campaigns. Sorry to break it to you but it's a pay for play system. We need very serious campaign financing reform. And we need term limits so the politicians are more loyal to their constituents than they are to their campaign donors and special interest funds.
The point is that even when Third Party candidates are properly funded (own money or not) they still don't win.

And no matter how much money a candidate has, it comes down to a voter's decision who to pull the lever for.

Censored

Reaction score
. And we need term limits so the politicians are more loyal to their constituents than they are to their campaign donors and special interest funds.
Lame Ducks are more loyal to their constituents? I'd rather a politician people can vote out of office if they are unhappy with them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's part of the trouble with putting your every comment on social media, as opposed to verbally expressing it.
One has every chance to delete a comment or reply before hitting "Send".

" Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't realize that our very own D'snowth is (or should I say was?) a professor at the University of Tampa

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/professor-fired-blaming-harvey-texas-voting-gop-n797181

In all seriousness, saying that Harvey is punishment for Texas voting for Trump is as ridiculous as Evangelicals that say God will personally punish people with diseases and gay children if they don't support Trump.

Don't forget - some dumb blonde out there said the tsunami and earthquake Japan experienced several years ago was punishment for being an atheistic country.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

In all seriousness, saying that Harvey is punishment for Texas voting for Trump is as ridiculous as Evangelicals that say God will personally punish people with diseases and gay children if they don't support Trump.

Don't forget - some dumb blonde out there said the tsunami and earthquake Japan experienced several years ago was punishment for being an atheistic country.
Yep, it is. Stupidity has no political party

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think KarWash was telling MuppetsRule and I to kiss and make up.