And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Part of the problem is the two parties always overshadow the third parties anyway, therefore, you never really know who the third party candidates and nominees are, or why we should even vote for them anyway, becayse whatever campaigning they do gets lost in the shuffle of the two major parties and their campaigns.

Speaking of which, I know I've said this before, but the thing that I hate most about campaigning is that the campaigns never tell you why you should votes for the specific nominee, but rather, why you shouldn't vote for their opponent. It's always the same: "Hi! Whatever you do, don't vote for my opponent, John Doe, because he's a cotton-headed ninnymuggins, and a very, very bad person. He did some stupid stuff that may or may not be true, but they're all reasons why you shouldn't vote for him, because he'll probably ruin the country. That's why you should vote for me instead! I'm Jack Squat, and I approve this message!" "Hi! Don't vote for that lying scumbag Jack Squat, because he's a big idiot himself, and he totally doesn't even know what he's doing or what he's saying. In fact, he may actually be crazy. Vote for me instead! I'm John Doe, and I approve this message!"

Old Thunder

Reaction score
This is what I'm saying. Push the Republicans and Democrats a little further back, and bring the Liberitarians and whatnot a little forward and balance it. Enough with this stupid s***, let's do something that's fair to everyone.

Even better, scrap parties all together and have single people run.

Censored

Reaction score
This is what I'm saying. Push the Republicans and Democrats a little further back, and bring the Liberitarians and whatnot a little forward and balance it. Enough with this stupid s***, let's do something that's fair to everyone.
How? Third parties have always had the right to run. They're just not electable. How do you propose changing it? It's not like there is someone who can flip a switch and make it different. It's the will of the American people.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
How? Third parties have always had the right to run. They're just not electable. How do you propose changing it? It's not like there is someone who can flip a switch and make it different. It's the will of the American people.
About time the American people started using their will for better things.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It's not the will of the American people. It's a rigged system to keep both current parties in power.

Censored

Reaction score
It's not the will of the American people. It's a rigged system to keep both current parties in power.
How is it rigged? How would one go about changing it?

Third parties have always been around and are free to run if they want to. The reason some people like Third Parties is because they make a lot of pie in the sky, unrealistic promises, as well they can afford to. They know they can't be elected, so they're not afraid of promising more than they or any other politician could deliver.

One Third Party candidate who had every opportunity was Ross Perot during the Clinton/Bush Sr. election. He got to participate in every debate, was counted as a legitimate candidate in every news report, and it was clearly a 3 person race. There were people who liked Perot, there were people who disliked both Clinton and Bush, but at the end of the day, Perot still got the lowest percentage of votes. It's not the system. It's the will of the majority.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score

Too much Carlin, you say? Aw.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
How is it rigged? How would one go about changing it?

Third parties have always been around and are free to run if they want to. The reason some people like Third Parties is because they make a lot of pie in the sky, unrealistic promises, as well they can afford to. They know they can't be elected, so they're not afraid of promising more than they or any other politician could deliver.

One Third Party candidate who had every opportunity was Ross Perot during the Clinton/Bush Sr. election. He got to participate in every debate, was counted as a legitimate candidate in every news report, and it was clearly a 3 person race. There were people who liked Perot, there were people who disliked both Clinton and Bush, but at the end of the day, Perot still got the lowest percentage of votes. It's not the system. It's the will of the majority.
The only reason Ross Perot had any kind of opportunity is because he is filthy rich and self-funded his own campaign. He is the exception. It is a rigged system because the only people that can afford to run are the filthy rich, both Democrats and Republicans. Google the salaries and wealth of U.S. politicians. Then add in to that the lobbyist's and their contributions to these same rich people's campaigns. Sorry to break it to you but it's a pay for play system. We need very serious campaign financing reform. And we need term limits so the politicians are more loyal to their constituents than they are to their campaign donors and special interest funds.