And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Tea Party has a stranglehold on the GOP and they're actively trying to destroy everything that makes this country great. I firmly believe that. Heck, again, they've admitted as much.
That is true, the Republicans have allowed the extremists to take over to an obviously alarming degree. And the Democrats have done the same. Neither party seems to tolerate even the idea of moderates anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude, that's just too...idealistic to be true. Our government isn't a clear cut good guy/bad guy dynamic.
I'm not even trying to be idealistic, I'm just speaking on my experiences as I remember them growing up: Clinton, despite his infidelity and what have you, was a decent president; Bush was a terrible president, and I remember what it was like for middle and working class families to struggle under his presidency; Obama was a good president who tried his best to clean up Bush's mess and do whatever he could to help the American people, especially minority groups, though Republicans would stop him at almost every pass; Trump isn't even a president, he's a dictator.
You certainly have no love for the Republicans.
And when have they ever shown love for anybody but themselves? Like all these people who say people should show Trump respect - well, he never shows anybody any respect (unless they shower him with praise and worship), he attacks and lashes out at people without provocation, he kicks them when they're down, all the while being smug about it, and if he can't show respect toward any of the people he's supposed to be the leader and representative of, then respect for him in return is not to be expected.

That being said, I will admit I'm finding myself developing more and more respect for John McCain has he's started standing up for the people, but at the same time, I still reserve a level of apprehension, because I know all to well that people like him will say or do whatever they have to to endear themselves to the public . . . after all, this is why I say even if Trump is impeached or leaves Office in disgrace, it's still a lose-lose scenario: Trump does exactly that, he flip-flops to endear himself to the public; Pence, on the other hand, has made it abdundantly clear that he hates everybody who isn't wealthy, white, conservative, heterosexual, and fire-and-brimstone Christian, and will not influenced otherwise.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Actually, Dr. Pepper is not a third choice. It’s another Coke product, just like many 3rd parties are just products of the two major ones.
Er, no. In Europe, Coke manufactures and distributes Dr. Pepper.
In Canada, Pepsi handles that job. But in the United States of Moronica, the holding group that makes Snapple does the honors, but only just started a few years ago. Before that, Dr. Pepper was an independent bottler (just like 7UP) that sometimes gets aligned with Coke and Pepsi.
Okay, you want a real independent? Vernor's ginger ale. The pride of Michigan. Their diet version is better than champagne.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'll keep this brief as I'm off to work but

First, and foremost, thoughts and prayers to the victims of the shooting in Texas. As well as their family members, friends, members of the Baptist church and the small community. I cannot imagine the horror of such an event.

It is well past the time that this needs to be addressed by Washington. There already is a ban on automatic weapons but that should extend to any devices that can convert regular guns to automatics. They also need to do something about the 2nd hand sale of guns and reel that in.

But it also has to be a much more comprehensive approach. We need to do something about how the mentally ill are dealt with. It needs to be easier for these people to get help, both in terms of financially and availability. Also needs to be looked at as far as how a family can intervene in such cases.

They also need to do something about campaign financing. I believe that 95% of the political contributions by the NRA go to Republicans. When members of Congress are afraid to vote against the wishes of a lobbying group because they fear withdrawal of those contributions something needs to be done. This also applies to all contributions by big business such as the NRA, the pharmaceautical companies, large banks, etc. Did you know that the pharmaceutical companies contribute I believe10+ (I wanna say it's even much larger than that but I'm not sure) times the amount that the NRA contributes?

And lastly, to those that continue to try to bait me in to an argument I'll simply refer you back to the forum rules:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/help/terms

Please note the sections about respecting other's opinions and then when you are done with that take a look at the part about calling people names

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Ehm....

I don't know which post it was, but if it was indeed antagonizing then let me know, because none of mine were ever intended to be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Bill O'Reilly is lying on Facebook saying that violent crimes in America have dropped to historic lows and that there's too much hype over these incidents sending out a falsified image of America to the rest of the world that we're a violent, gun-obsessed country where nobody is safe, not even in church. Mmm, nope, the so-called "falsified image" is pretty much what America has been reduced to. But then again, can we expect O'Reilly to ever tell the truth about anything?

On another note, why am I now being accused to antagonizing MuppetsRule when I'm trying to ignore him and prevent further arguments from erupting?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That being said, I will admit I'm finding myself developing more and more respect for John McCain has he's started standing up for the people, but at the same time, I still reserve a level of apprehension, because I know all to well that people like him will say or do whatever they have to to endear themselves to the public
That sounds an awful lot like when people used to say "He's a credit to his race." It's a back handed compliment. And this is hardly the first time McCain has ever stood up for people. Including the time he stood up for Obama against a Republican voter, even as he was running against him. And why do you think people were so angry when Trump attacked McCain? Because he is known to be a war hero and honorable man.

And here's the thing, the politicians in Washington, they're all buddies with each other, regardless of party. It's the media who plays up these silly rivalries, because they know that's what the audience wants to hear.

Last edited: