And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know which post it was, but if it was indeed antagonizing then let me know, because none of mine were ever intended to be.
I got the same thing, I think it's just a general warning (though a good one).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
On another note, why am I now being accused to antagonizing MuppetsRule when I'm trying to ignore him and prevent further arguments from erupting?
I mean, you are the one who keeps on about how he's a stupid Republican who doesn't believe the stuff that is "fake news" so....

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That is true, the Republicans have allowed the extremists to take over to an obviously alarming degree. And the Democrats have done the same. Neither party seems to tolerate even the idea of moderates anymore.
I'm still not going to go that far, but it's certainly getting there with the Democratic party. There is a Tea Party of the Left that I've spoken of since before the time of Bernie. However, the old guard is still stronger. That's the Hillary Clinton wing. She's a moderate any way you slice it. That's why her battle was an uphill one. Right now, the influence of extremists in the Democratic Party is still about 40/60. Among Republicans, it's about 80/20. Dems can still turn back or create a new direction. The writing is pretty much on the wall with Republicans. They certainly have some recent wins, but it won't last for years to come. They've ruined their party and damage control is going to be brutal in the next 10 years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm still not going to go that far, but it's certainly getting there with the Democratic party. There is a Tea Party of the Left that I've spoken of since before the time of Bernie. However, the old guard is still stronger. That's the Hillary Clinton wing. She's a moderate any way you slice it.
We sometimes have different opinions of what extremism looks like, but we've already been through that. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
We sometimes have different opinions of what extremism looks like, but we've already been through that. :wink:
Politically speaking, believing Hillary Clinton to be a progressive extremist is, by definition, incorrect. To personally believe some of her views and/or political methods to be extreme, I can understand that. Hillary Clinton is the textbook definition of a moderate Democrat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, here's what we can scratch off the list so far:

• Republicans will offer their thoughts and prayers
  • Democrats will say thoughts and prayers are not enough and more action needs to be taken to prevent these shootings from continuing to happen
  • Republicans will attack Democrats for trying to politicize a tragedy for the sake of pushing anti-gun agendas
  • Democrats will attack Republicans for trying to politicize a tragedy for the sake of pushing pro-gun agendas
  • Trump will find some reason to blame the tragedy on Democrats while Pat Robertson and/or other Evangelicals will blame the victims for not supporting Trump
  • When the shooter is identified, he will immediately be labeled a terrorist if he's Middle Eastern, Black, or Hispanic, but if he's white, he was be excused as being a domestic terrorist and receive pity for being another unfortunate soul who had a mental breakdown
  • In another few days/weeks/months, another mass shooting will happen and the entire cycle will repeat itself all over again.
So that's all but two items. It turns out the shooter was a veteran suffering from PTSD and a member of ANTIFA who targeted the church specifically, so because of that connection, it will only be a matter of time until Trump does, indeed, blame this on Democrats.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Politically speaking, believing Hillary Clinton to be a progressive extremist is, by definition, incorrect. To personally believe some of her views and/or political methods to be extreme, I can understand that.
Not sure of the differentiation you're making.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So that's all but two items. It turns out the shooter was a veteran suffering from PTSD and a member of ANTIFA who targeted the church specifically, so because of that connection, it will only be a matter of time until Trump does, indeed, blame this on Democrats.
From what I'm reading, the Antifa connection is just a conspiracy theory. Even Fox is admitting that, so there you go. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Welp, here's what we can scratch off the list so far:

• Republicans will offer their thoughts and prayers
  • Democrats will say thoughts and prayers are not enough and more action needs to be taken to prevent these shootings from continuing to happen
  • Republicans will attack Democrats for trying to politicize a tragedy for the sake of pushing anti-gun agendas
  • Democrats will attack Republicans for trying to politicize a tragedy for the sake of pushing pro-gun agendas
  • Trump will find some reason to blame the tragedy on Democrats while Pat Robertson and/or other Evangelicals will blame the victims for not supporting Trump
  • When the shooter is identified, he will immediately be labeled a terrorist if he's Middle Eastern, Black, or Hispanic, but if he's white, he was be excused as being a domestic terrorist and receive pity for being another unfortunate soul who had a mental breakdown
  • In another few days/weeks/months, another mass shooting will happen and the entire cycle will repeat itself all over again.
The Antifa connection has not been confirmed. It's what far right media has been saying. Also, he shouldn't have been able to buy a gun after his dishonorable discharge. Our system failed. Even so, anyone with any criminal background can just purchase a gun at a gun show. We need to close that loophole too.