And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
Er, no. In Europe, Coke manufactures and distributes Dr. Pepper.
In Canada, Pepsi handles that job. But in the United States of Moronica, the holding group that makes Snapple does the honors, but only just started a few years ago. Before that, Dr. Pepper was an independent bottler (just like 7UP) that sometimes gets aligned with Coke and Pepsi.
Okay, you want a real independent? Vernor's ginger ale. The pride of Michigan. Their diet version is better than champagne.
I never said Coke WAS Dr. Pepper. I said it was a product connected to it. As for the need for diet drinks, you can get diet in Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. Soft drinks and fast food aside though, a vote for a third party will always be a wasted vote.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm not saying you're actually wrong about it, but the fact that everyone knows that the 3rd party candidates will never win means that they truly will never win. If no one believed this and people actually took them seriously then it would be a lot fairer and would give them an actual fighting chance for once.

Censored

Reaction score
I'm not saying you're actually wrong about it, but the fact that everyone knows that the 3rd party candidates will never win means that they truly will never win. If no one believed this and people actually took them seriously then it would be a lot fairer and would give them an actual fighting chance for once.
But, that's not going to happen, so there's no reason to vote for them. There are also other reasons not to vote for them. A lot of them would not know how to govern if they were actually elected.

Censored

Reaction score
Heck, Ralph Nader is a great guy who has done a lot of important things, but can anyone tell me what his foreign policy was as a presidential candidate?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Not sure of the differentiation you're making.
There are the realities of political norms and then how we as individuals feel about them. The political reality is that Hillary Clinton is a moderate democrat. That's just political fact. How you feel about her positions and that of moderate democrats, while important, doesn't define what a moderate democrat or an extreme democrat is. That's the distinction. For example, while I believe the GOP platform to be horribly extreme, it's not necessarily extreme for what a republican is. The Tea Party platform or the Religious Right platform, however, technically is.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I get what you're saying. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy. However, there are enough staunch partisans that will not vote third party. That makes the reality of third party votes benefiting the least liked candidate. Personally, I don't want a third party candidate. I think that's the problem. I want a dozen parties and a dozen candidates.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I want a dozen parties and a dozen candidates.
Well again, if the RNC could have dozen candidates to choose from for their nominee, the DNC should have had more than just Hillary or Bernie to choose from - that pretty much doomed the Democratic party in 2016 altogether.