And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Regarding the question of gun control, the problem seems to be that no one is enforcing the current laws. The Air Force dropped the ball and failed to pass the word on the Texas shooter's domestic violence record. By the same token, apparently that terrorist in NYC was able to rent a Home Depot truck without a license. That's what worries me, even if we had tougher gun control, we can't guarantee that anyone is going to do their job and follow them. There needs to be direct consequences to such negligence.

Also, Trump brings up mental health. A valid point, one the Democrats tend to shy away from. They say, "Oh we don't want to stereotype all mentally ill people as violent!" Except they have no problem stereotyping all gun owners as violent.

The problem with Trump is that earlier this year he made it easier for the mentally ill to purchase guns. And he seemingly did this just to spite Obama. So he has no credibility on the matter either.

And people wonder why I'm in no mood to vote today. :stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, Trump brings up mental health. A valid point, one the Democrats tend to shy away from. They say, "Oh we don't want to stereotype all mentally ill people as violent!" Except they have no problem stereotyping all gun owners as violent.
Or how Republicans stereotype all Muslims as terrorists? Or all black people as thugs? Or all poor people as lazy bums who want freebies from the government? Or all LGBT people are agents of Satan trying to take over the world with gayness?
The problem with Trump is that earlier this year he made it easier for the mentally ill to purchase guns. And he seemingly did this just to spite Obama.
Trump has done so little as "president," but what little has done has pretty much been just to spite Obama at almost everything. There was a funny meme on Facebook a while back that Trump brought bin Laden back to life just because Obama made his termination possible.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Regarding the question of gun control, the problem seems to be that no one is enforcing the current laws. The Air Force dropped the ball and failed to pass the word on the Texas shooter's domestic violence record. By the same token, apparently that terrorist in NYC was able to rent a Home Depot truck without a license. That's what worries me, even if we had tougher gun control, we can't guarantee that anyone is going to do their job and follow them. There needs to be direct consequences to such negligence.

The problem with Trump is that earlier this year he made it easier for the mentally ill to purchase guns. And he seemingly did this just to spite Obama. So he has no credibility on the matter either.

And people wonder why I'm in no mood to vote today. :stick_out_tongue:
I don't believe we stereotype all gun owners as shooters and nuts. The great majority of democrats believe strongly in the second amendment. Any idea to the contrary comes from far right media. I agree, however, that the democrats are too soft on the issue of the mentally ill getting guns. My solution for greater gun safety is registration. If you've gotta register a car and verify your driver's license, every gun and gun owner should be on a list. We need to close the gun show loop hole as well. Those are places where list, databases and background checks would make no difference. Americans in both parties would like to see that happen, but congressional republicans are too tied to the NRA to ever let that happen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oy vey gevalt. Dumb Donald's sheer idiocy continues to astound me. You seen where he's now claiming that if we had implemented stronger gun control that, "hundreds more" would have been dead in that church shooting? How the frog does the retard even figure that? The congregation alone wasn't that large, where do the "hundreds more" figure in? That would be that entire little town just about.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Or how Republicans stereotype all Muslims as terrorists? Or all black people as thugs? Or all poor people as lazy bums who want freebies from the government? Or all LGBT people are agents of Satan trying to take over the world with gayness?
You are spot on when you criticize the right. You'd go far if you'd also recognize the problems with the left.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The great majority of democrats believe strongly in the second amendment.
I have to ask, what do they believe "strongly" about it exactly? I mean, I'm not even that "strongly" preoccupied with the second amendment. It just reminds me of when Democrats said, "Oh we hate the war, but of course we respect our soldiers." It always sounded like a buzz phrase they knew to say because it would sound better.

but congressional republicans are too tied to the NRA to ever let that happen.
I have to also point out, there are plenty of Democrats who receive support from the NRA as well. We've had Democrat presidents and a Democrat majority in Congress in recent years and very little has changed. Both parties just seem like all talk. But I agree with you about closing gun show loops, I know hunters who agree with that as well.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even I know the left isn't perfect, as I've said time and again, the DNC pretty much doomed the election altogether for the left with Hillary and Bernie being the only two candidates to choose from. And yes, like with every other group, the left has its own share of those few bad apples that pretty much ruin everything for everybody else (whether the shooter was a leftwing nut or not could be an example of that).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've had Democrat presidents and a Democrat majority in Congress in recent years and very little has changed. Both parties just seem like all talk.
I don't know about a Democrat majority. When Obama was president, Congress (and House, and Senate) were Republican majority, so, as you can imagine, they pretty much stopped Obama at, well, just about everything - including his attempts to implement such stricter gun laws we so desperately need.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know about a Democrat majority. When Obama was president, Congress (and House, and Senate) were Republican majority, so, as you can imagine, they pretty much stopped Obama at, well, just about everything - including his attempts to implement such stricter gun laws we so desperately need.
I meant like from 2009 to 2011.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
At least liberals like you @D'Snowth I can definitely respect since you know your party has issues (unless you just consider yourself independent now; correct me if I'm wrong).

I hate libs and conservs who think their parties are absolutely perfect. Mhm, sure.