And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You forget, though: Bush left a tremendous mess behind when he left Office, and it fell on Obama to clean it up - that alone took till the beginning of his second term to finish.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You forget, though: Bush left a tremendous mess behind when he left Office, and it fell on Obama to clean it up - that alone took till the beginning of his second term to finish.
I don't forget, lol. But Obama wasn't the only one working in Congress. We forget there are other people who are responsible for making these changes in policy happen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least liberals like you @D'Snowth I can definitely respect since you know your party has issues (unless you just consider yourself independent now; correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm only independent as a producer. :wink:

And as I said before, I feel if more conservatives were as rational, realistic, and aware of what's happening around us as you are, that party could be a lot more respectable as well, but they seem few and far between.

But as I've mentioned previously, when it comes to shootings like this, both sides play the blame game, and it all depends on who throws the first stone: if Republicans throw the first stone, Democrats blame them for politicizing the tragedy to push their pro-gun agenda; if Democrats throw the first stone, Republicans blame them for politicizing the tragedy to push their anti-gun agenda. This why I'm saying since our previous mass shooting, it's nice to see the actual American people stepping up and it's time we started doing something about these shootings since we clearly can't get any resolution from either side, and that "thoughts and prayers" aren't enough anymore.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Eh, I'm just not even conservative anymore. I'm just independent. I have my share of "liberal views" like supporting the LGBT and legalizing maruijanna as well as "conservative views" like supporting gun rights as long as we can at least still go in with a license to own a gun (because I do want to own a shotgun one day to keep intruders away) and kind of against gender neutral bathrooms (like not the single ones but both men and women in the same bathroom because I just don't like the idea that we HAVE to get appreciate it)..... And I guess if you want to count this one, being against illegal immigration (I'm all for immigrants coming in but this country ain't free, just saying).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I have to ask, what do they believe "strongly" about it exactly? I mean, I'm not even that "strongly" preoccupied with the second amendment. It just reminds me of when Democrats said, "Oh we hate the war, but of course we respect our soldiers." It always sounded like a buzz phrase they knew to say because it would sound better.

I have to also point out, there are plenty of Democrats who receive support from the NRA as well. We've had Democrat presidents and a Democrat majority in Congress in recent years and very little has changed. Both parties just seem like all talk. But I agree with you about closing gun show loops, I know hunters who agree with that as well.
It's part of our constitution and most Americans want to protect the second amendment. Also, many dems come from southern states. So, strongly is the appropriate word. It's also true that dems receive support from the NRA, again, because there are a lot of dems in the south, but most want to at least have a conversation about gun violence and solutions. The vast majority of Americans and NRA members do, but the NRA leadership keeps using its influence to shut down even talking about the issue in congress. That's because they are not lead by their membership. They're lead by gun manufacturers.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Also, to believe strongly in the second amendment doesn't mean it shouldn't have more limitations. That's the fallacy created by far right wing media. Every other freedom and amendment we have has a greater degree of limitations. We need to review, not remove, the second amendment. Most Americans are in favor of this. To what degree, however, is what differs. But gun manufacturers just care about selling units. They don't care about people. While it's true some Dems get money from the NRA, they're not beholden to them in the same way that Republicans are because it's harder for the NRA to primary them into submission like they can do with conservatives.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can say for certain that there are, indeed, Dems down here in the south (I'm probably the most obvious example of that in this thread), however, we're more-or-less confined to the more populated, metro areas like the city and what have you - the farther you go out into the sticks, the more you're going to find the stereotypical redneck conservatives. I can certainly attest to seeing so many bumper stickers, yard signs, decals, and what have you in support of Bernie within the city limits, but as you get into the outskirts, the more residential areas, and the open country, you'll find more and more of the sort for Trump instead.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Fair enough, that's always the part I'm fuzzy on, I'm just not too familiar with that side of the country.
You're right that there are a lot of libs who get angry at this and want to remove the second amendment altogether, but they're actually a minority and don't have anyone representing them in congress. It's just counterproductive. Finding a compromise is what works. I personally believe that all automatic and semiautomatic weapons should be banned completely. Those didn't exist when the constitution was written and the founding fathers didn't write the amendments with those in mind.