Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So have you ever noticed whenever a Christmas show, movie, or special does a story about why it shouldn't be Christmas every day, they usually go in either one of two routes:

- There's like ELMO SAVES CHRISTMAS, where Christmas continues to be celebrated every day, despite the rest of life carrying on in terms of seasons changing, and other holidays arriving on their respective dates (like 4th of July).

- Then you've got Christmas every day treated like a Groundhog Day Loop, where you relive the exact same Christmas Day over and over and over again, much like Disney did with Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only benefit I see with the former happening is that it gives people in Australia and chance to experience Christmas in winter. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly though, on the subject of Christmas being every day, it's amazing how you would enjoy that as a child, but as you get older, you definitely would regret it.

Heck, Christmas is just another regular day for me. The only benefit is just spending it with friends and family but that's about it.

Christmas list just gets shorter and shorter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup. Every year, I ask my mom not to get me anything for Christmas, because I don't want/need anything . . . if I did, I would let her know. Last Christmas, she finally promised me that she'd comply with my request and no longer get anything for me for Christmas unless I explicitly ask for something. And she's broken her promise, and there's currently ten presents under the tree. Her explanation? The promise expired on December 31, 2016.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of ESC, did anyone else besides me actually want one of those Moo Bunnies as a kid?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup. Every year, I ask my mom not to get me anything for Christmas, because I don't want/need anything . . . if I did, I would let her know. Last Christmas, she finally promised me that she'd comply with my request and no longer get anything for me for Christmas unless I explicitly ask for something. And she's broken her promise, and there's currently ten presents under the tree. Her explanation? The promise expired on December 31, 2016.
That's a hard promise for a mother to keep. :wink:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My parents are only getting small gifts this year because we are going to Maine for 2 weeks next year and my dad is working overtime whenever he can to pay it all off.