The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
EEE was huge when it first came out . . . I don't remember why, but there was so much hype behind it when it first came out. I was in Grade 4 when it was coming, and I still remember those old promos vividly (except for the Jimmy one at the end). . . .

I remember before they started having those individual character promos, my classmates and I were trying to figure out which Ed would be which.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I honestly was never real big on Ed Edd n Eddy. I mean, I liked it but it wasn't my favorite. My favorites were Courage the Cowardly Dog, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and (according to my mom) Johnny Bravo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also enjoyed all of the above shows . . . except when PPG became overrated because CN treated it like its anchor show . . . and I prefered Billy and Mandy when it was part of GRIM & EVIL.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was actually kinda glad they separated.

The intros were cooler instead of just HAHAHAHAHAHAHA over and over.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I agree, the G&E intro wasn't the best, but I kinda felt like the two shows complimented each other - much like Cow and Chicken and I Am Weasel. After the two were separated, it's like Evil ConCarne (which I thought was a particularly fun and quirky cartoon) really got the shaft, while Billy and Mandy became increasingly overrated. I didn't mind its first season as its own series though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of cartoon trolling -

For some reason, my idea of hiding something from a character would be always wearing gloves.

Sort of like Miss Piggy, Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, etc.

I just feel like face-censoring and hair-censoring is overdone.
On that subject, I remember watching an animation history video on YouTube discussing why cartoon characters wear gloves, and IIRC, it had something to do with so many of those really early cartoon characters being dark-colored, and it being too hard to see the individual fingers if they're all dark-colored, so the gloves were a way for us to actually clearly see their fingers moving.

But it's interesting, because I remember there was an episode of ANIMANIACS where Wakko's gloves come to life and run away.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Today at my school they had a talent show. There was barely any talent. :smirk:

One girl sang this song (can't remember what it was called) but she sang it completely off-key, I almost felt bad for her.:frown:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was rewatching Paddington and realizing- wow, I have never seen a movie that was so utterly devoid of cynicism. And it's not sappy or cheesy, but somehow it's one of the sweetest movies i've ever seen. I love how it just makes you feel good. I want to write something like that one day.