The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never heard of Suncoast. As far as movie rental stores, we had Blockbuster (of course) and local joints that never stayed in business longer than a few years.

Oh, hey, question: did O'Reilly's Auto Parts move into all of the old Blockbuster locations in your towns? Because they did here! Every former Blockbuster location in my town is now an O'Reilly's. Similarly, every former Baskin-Robbin location in my town is now a Froyoz.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No. My town is now a used furniture place, before that was Daddy’s Junky Music.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
When I first heard of Sid and Marty Krofft, this is how I originally thought they looked.

Sid:

Marty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find it fascinating that grain is essential to the human diet, yet is apparently very harmful to animals; conversely, animals can consume the raw meat of other animals in what's called, "Survival of the fittest," yet consuming raw meat can be fatal for humans.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Never heard of Suncoast.

It was one of my childhood stores. Basically it was just like FYE. Movies, anime, posters, etc.

I bought many Mst3k videos, Thomas videos, and Rugrats videos there.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I find it fascinating that grain is essential to the human diet, yet is apparently very harmful to animals; conversely, animals can consume the raw meat of other animals in what's called, "Survival of the fittest," yet consuming raw meat can be fatal for humans.
not quite. if you were raised on raw meat, you do build up an immunity to the bacteria in it. the reason why raw meat can make us really sick is because most people arent raised on it and therefore dont build up an immunity to bacteria found in it.

Though parasites are another thing altogether, which is really the main reason you wanna cook meat

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We had a bird feeder in the backyard, and one of the neighbors' cats once nabbed a blue jay. Sweet little kitty killing a bird and eating its guts.
Same kitty that turns up his nose at certain brands of cat food at home. Gimme a raw bird, but not this dry cereal!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know you're such an awful friend when you're writing a song for your overweight friend who has an eating addiction called "I Love Fatty Foods." :laugh:

He has a good sense of humor before anyone chews me out by the way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whenever I'm visited by some kooky spirit in the middle of the night, nine out of ten times, for whatever reason, they always get into a fight with the fan next to my bed . . . and I wonder why? I mean, what did my fan ever do to them?