The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, can I just ask something?

Am I the only one who LOVED the City era of CN? I just really liked the idea of all the characters living together in this big city, and I wish they'd bring it back.
No, you're not, it's apparently very popular, for whatever reason, I can't figure out why - that was the beginning of the end of CN. The concept sounds intriguing on paper, sure, but the execution is like they were trying to make CN seem all ghetto and hood and whatnot.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I think the Noods era was when CN started to go downhill. And I don't think the City era was "ghetto" or "hood". But eh, different strokes for different folks.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
How to make every 90's kid even angrier:

Say the Powerhouse era is overrated. :stick_out_tongue:

(Okay, I actually do like the Powerhouse era. It's my second favorite CN era behind the City era. Plus, you gotta love that classic Cartoon Cartoons theme.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My own personal preference aside, Powerhouse was really the first time CN had any kind of personality to it, at least I think. I suppose the original Checkerboard Era could be argued that it had its own personality as well, given that they really played up to the CN logo's design on just about everything in their bumpers and promos and what have you, but the bumpers and promos of the Powerhouse Era were all custom animated for the network and its respective shows,; not to mention the guy who animated those has his own YouTube channel where you can not only see blank versions of those bumpers and such, but also WIPs of them as well:

https://www.youtube.com/user/wahnish/videos

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So as it turns out, the reason Van Partible wasn't involved with JOHNNY BRAVO for a while was because CN actually fired him, citing he was too young and inexperienced manage his own show (but gee, Craig McCracken was pretty young and seemed to do well with POWERPUFF GIRLS).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So as it turns out, the reason Van Partible wasn't involved with JOHNNY BRAVO for a while was because CN actually fired him, citing he was too young and inexperienced manage his own show (but gee, Craig McCracken was pretty young and seemed to do well with POWERPUFF GIRLS).
Interesting, because now almost all of CN's creators are really young.