Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Well, now that the "Up and Down" song has the (I would guess) same hippie characters, and also being able to see Ernie drinking milk from the ceiling visually, I really hope that clip surfaces one day. I'd love to do a season 1 hippies mashup video.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Well, now that the "Up and Down" song has the (I would guess) same hippie characters, and also being able to see Ernie drinking milk from the ceiling visually, I really hope that clip surfaces one day. I'd love to do a season 1 hippies mashup video.
I hope to see the Hippies' Up and Down footage someday, too. Also, a Hippies Season 1 mashup video would be great. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A

I recently saw details that this and "Before and After" involve "Silly Song Time". Makes me wonder if there were any more "Silly Song Time" segments (I've been looking at song titles in the CTW Archives First Season Show Content files to determine if any of them might be silly). Of course when it comes to the classic "Up and Down" song I never thought of the song or lyrics as being silly.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I wonder why they once mistaken the Up and Down song (Season 1 version) for being performed by two monsters, probably due to confusion with a Sesame Street Book & Record recording that was later filmed with Cookie and Herry for Season 2. I remember reading the guide for Episode 0060 on Muppet Wiki, seeing it list Up and Down for being performed by two monsters. That sounds odd. :confused:
So apparently if the Silly Song Time segment "Up and Down" was in Episode 0060, how on Earth could a listing for "Two monsters singing 'Up and Down'" appear in the guide for said episode!!!??? I'm believing the listing of the two monsters' performance of the song in the Episode 0060 guide could be a documentation error (as stated above).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder why they once mistaken the Up and Down song (Season 1 version) for being performed by two monsters, probably due to confusion with a Sesame Street Book & Record recording that was later filmed with Cookie and Herry for Season 2. I remember reading the guide for Episode 0060 on Muppet Wiki, seeing it list Up and Down for being performed by two monsters. That sounds odd. :confused:
So apparently if the Silly Song Time segment "Up and Down" was in Episode 0060, how on Earth could a listing for "Two monsters singing 'Up and Down'" appear in the guide for said episode!!!??? I'm believing the listing of the two monsters' performance of the song in the Episode 0060 guide could be a documentation error (as stated above).
Pretty much all the songs on the first album debuted in the first season but were rerecorded for the album. In many cases, they are sung by the same characters/performers as on the show, but there's also just as many that were sung by different characters than on the show (like having Bert join Ernie for "Everybody Wash", or have "J Jump" be sung by the kids instead of Joe Raposo, or have "What are Kids Called?" sung by Bob and Susan instead of Raposo). So they must have just decided to have two monsters sing it on the album and then have two monsters lip sync to it in the next season.

I just saw in that link you said the CTW Archives lists it as two monsters. If you're referring to the first season show content, that actually says "Muppet Song: Up and Down", no mention of two monsters.

Last edited:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
In the matter of fact, here's an entire list of Sesame Street clips I have sought after. Can't guarantee if I can get all of them, though.
Well, you never know. Next year is the show's 50th anniversary, so maybe (JUST MAYBE) SW will pull out the big guns and...I'm sure you can imagine what I'm getting at. But we won't know until then.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Pretty much all the songs on the first album debuted in the first season but were rerecorded for the album. In many cases, they are sung by the same characters/performers as on the show, but there's also just as many that were sung by different characters than on the show (like having Bert join Ernie for "Everybody Wash", or have "J Jump" be sung by the kids instead of Joe Raposo, or have "What are Kids Called?" sung by Bob and Susan instead of Raposo). So they must have just decided to have two monsters sing it on the album and then have two monsters lip sync to it in the next season.

I just saw in that link you said the CTW Archives lists it as two monsters. If you're referring to the first season show content, that actually says "Muppet Song: Up and Down", no mention of two monsters.
So pretty much, CTW archives mistakenly stated two monsters performing "Up & Down" in episode 0060, just by examining it from the record album, after having long not seen the episode for proof.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Well, you never know. Next year is the show's 50th anniversary, so maybe (JUST MAYBE) SW will pull out the big guns and...I'm sure you can imagine what I'm getting at. But we won't know until then.
I wonder if they'll start another clip poll for fans to cast their votes in for their favorite clips. If they do, I hope to join.