Remembering Richard Hunt

Collgoff

Reaction score
Richard Hunt did a lot of stuff in Fraggle rock and Sesame street.
But When he did the storyteller in Fraggle rock in the first season before Terry took over and Richard didn't like the charater.
But I always thought he did pretty good job of doing the storyteller Fraggle.
So I guess it may seams fair.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Oh that's why he didn't do the storyteller after Season 1? I thought he did a great job with that character and assumed he was having fun with it. Guess I was wrong haha

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Oh that's why he didn't do the storyteller after Season 1? I thought he did a great job with that character and assumed he was having fun with it. Guess I was wrong haha
I agree, it seemed like he liked the character.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Don't worry about that it's acomlament.
If Richard Hunt is still alive today and hear those coments he might say "Thank you very much!"

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well I know the reason for that qustion but I think you can Ask Tarry Angus because he worked on fraggle rock and he did the Storyteller.
After when Tarry explaned how he got the part to me he sounds like a storyteller in real life but that's my apinang.:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well on the other hand it could also have been Richard wanted to give Terry a main character so he could get the experience. :smile:

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well on the other hand it could also have been Richard wanted to give Terry a main character so he could get the experience. :smile:
No that's not how it happened!

Jerry Juhl Asked Terry Angus to do the Storyteller while Richard Hunt was busy doing Sesame Street and the episode of Fraggle rock called Boober Rock.
After that Terry asked Richard if he want to have her back but Richard didn't want to do that role any more and he diidn't like the character.
So that's why Richard Hunt only did the role once and Terry took over the part for him.

Yorick

Reaction score
:cry: wow, Richard Hunt was so awesome. He was some of my favorite characters.
I didn't realize he had died until I saw 'The Muppet Christmas Carol' and saw his name at the end.
Sigh, Henson's death was hard to take, but was just as sad when I found out who Richard Hunt was.
I didn't realize how young he was! I thought he was like 60s-70s when he died. Don't know why I thought that, but that's even more sad.
*sniff* Henson was too young, also. Them great guys did so many wonderful things and had many great accomplishments.
:smile: If they would have been here today, we could only imagine what amazing stuff they'd do with all this wild technology! :zany:
I know I'm replying to this 7 years late, but I totally agree. Add to that the imagination and talent of Richard Hunt and Jim Henson, and the technology that their company would have developed all these years, and who knows what great movies and shows could have been made? Richard is greatly missed.

This clip of Richard talking about Junior is fantastic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9xqZ-mZRc

I loved him as Mudwell too, among many many others! http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mudwell_the_Mudbunny

Yorick

Reaction score
Richard didn't want to do that role any more and he diidn't like the character.
Speaking of characters Richard didn't want to portray, is there any footage of Richard performing Elmo?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No that's not how it happened!

Jerry Juhl Asked Terry Angus to do the Storyteller while Richard Hunt was busy doing Sesame Street and the episode of Fraggle rock called Boober Rock.
After that Terry asked Richard if he want to have her back but Richard didn't want to do that role any more and he diidn't like the character.
So that's why Richard Hunt only did the role once and Terry took over the part for him.
Oh yeah I know the story; I'm not saying it's not true. Just further speculating as to his motivations. :smile: