Confessing Crushes...

APRena

Reaction score
In a similar vein: Karen Gillan is the hottest companion. I'm worryingly close to buying the life-size cardboard cut-out. Her accent really helps too, and I normally don't like the Scottish accent.
LOL, they make those? She is. Side: I don't like that they're collectively called companions, that makes them sound like dogs or something... whatever. The whole continuity/plot thing is weird, I'm just going to ignore everything else and become fangirly over this season because I can kind of understand it. (The doctor before David Tennant was hot also, though.)

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh my God, Matt Smith. Thank you BBC America. :big_grin::big_grin::flirt:

(Oh, and the show is awesome too. Just found that out like, yesterday.)
Oh, amen. He is one find lad. <33 And Doctor Who ftw- eeeeee! <33 I'm not a fangirl. >.> *brings her sonic screwdriver/pen-thingy to school*

hoopless

Reaction score
LOL, they make those? She is. Side: I don't like that they're collectively called companions, that makes them sound like dogs or something... whatever. The whole continuity/plot thing is weird, I'm just going to ignore everything else and become fangirly over this season because I can kind of understand it. (The doctor before David Tennant was hot also, though.)
You can get Matt Smith and David Tennant too. No Eccleston though http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=doctor+who+standee

I agree companion is a bad word but side-kick is too superhero. This new series is brilliant though. I think it helps that the new head writer wrote the best episodes from the last four series. I guess I've turned into a bit of a fanboy since deciding the show was actually alright last year after years of dissing it without watching.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I've got quite a crush on Jason Segel right now - and not just cause he's a fellow Muppet fan. I love him on How I Met Your Mother, his character is super sweet.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Two words come to mind...Pam Grier. For those under 30, she starred in Roger Corman's women in prison films and Walter Hill's Blaxploitation films (Foxy Brown, Coffy, Friday Foster...) in the 70's before doing smaller roles in the 80's and starring in Quinten Tarentino's "Jackie Brown". I think she is the absolute most beautiful woman I have ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on. She recently had a recurring role on "Law & Order:SVU" and star in Showtime's "The L Word" and my wife made it a point to say. Wow, Pam Grier got fat"....I don't care if she gained some weight, she's still gorgeous!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Reviving this thread just because I can't stop mooning lately...er, mooning OVER a crush, not the redneck late-night amusement!

I've noticed my own tastes have evolved, for the better, I hope...I used to latch onto celebs I thought were hot but who might have a bit of an ego. Now I seem to be most attracted to guys with more-or-less normal lives and who have healthy self-images. I take this as a good sign.

So currently: Sam Neill, if you ever divorce (yeah, not likely), look me up...I'm the one who sent you the drawing of you as a werewolf!

And as far as the same gender goes, I'd have to say girl-crushes would be Audrey Tatou and Cote de Pablo. Do I wanna sleep with 'em? No...but I can stand over here with my jaw on the floor as well as any guy...
----------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And as far as the same gender goes, I'd have to say girl-crushes would be Audrey Tatou and Cote de Pablo. Do I wanna sleep with 'em? No...but I can stand over here with my jaw on the floor as well as any guy...
----------------
I LOVE whenever people talk about their man-crushes or their girl-crushes, and they'll all, "Yeah, I sooo have a man/girl-crush on so-and-so... but... I'm not gonna like sleep with them or anyway thing..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Snowth, when you've lived with a guy for ten years, you have the authority to make that joke. Not 'til then. :wink:

-----------------