Some people are so closed minded

muppet baby

Reaction score
You know i hate how peple can be so closed minded when an adult , likes and still watches fraggle rock .

I have loved and watched fraggle rock all of my life , i bought the first complte series came out , and i watch in good times and in bad times i am going to watch them all way though this week as a matter of fact again .

It is a show for every adulit or child no one should get upset when they see an a grown up watching this show .

It is a wonderful show and those who are closed minded need to just keep there feelings to themselves .

People need to realize that fraggle rock is about making people feel good and about being a light to the world .

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A few days ago, I was reading a biography of Jim Henson at school, and one boy was looking at me like Seriously? Doesn't anybody (other than us on MC) respect the sheer awesomeness of the Muppets these days?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A few days ago, I was reading a biography of Jim Henson at school, and one boy was looking at me like Seriously? Doesn't anybody (other than us on MC) respect the sheer awesomeness of the Muppets these days?
Pretty much...

In real life, there's all of these "standards" that you have to follow in order to be considered normal, or be accepted by society... and pretty much, you have to "outgrow" the Muppets once you're in Grade 3 it seems like (but kind of work on it in Grade 2), otherwise you're considered a baby by your peers, and they will tease you for it.

Once you're in Grade 8, you have to outgrow cartoons as well, because you're considered immature.

SSLFan

Reaction score
In real life, there's all of these "standards" that you have to follow in order to be considered normal, or be accepted by society... and pretty much, you have to "outgrow" the Muppets once you're in Grade 3 it seems like (but kind of work on it in Grade 2), otherwise you're considered a baby by your peers, and they will tease you for it.

Once you're in Grade 8, you have to outgrow cartoons as well, because you're considered immature.
*Ahem*...just had to chime in & add my two cents, lol.:big_grin:

But honestly, I have really outgrown all of my childhood fads except SS & Muppets. And it's not like I watch it for the educational purposes, I like it for the pure entertainment (if SS still has any will all that structured stuff, but thats a topic for another thread), and the muppet zaniness. Though it is a shame a person will get teased for liking certain things, but hey, that's one of the cruelties of life.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Pretty much...

I like to tell people, "If you make fun of something you once watched, you're really just making fun of yourself."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No doubt that people will outgrown certain things that they grew up with a kids; personally, as a kid I was so obsessed with such cartoons as Courage the Cowardly Dog and Cow and Chicken and such, but these days, I don't even remotely think about them anymore... I may go through a tape of episodes strictly for a trip down memory lane, and I still peruse through my collection of comic books from time to time, but other than that.

I was just simply adding that according to "standards" you HAVE to outgrown anything Muppet related (especially Sesame Street) by Grade 3 or so; I have to admit by the time I was eleven, I almost did, but it took an act of seeing the A&E documentary on Sesame Street and seeing the behind-the-scenes footage that not only sparked my interest in the Muppets again, but it also sparked me into considering a path in puppetry, and now look at me today, I've been a puppeteer now for about five years (not regularly, or steadily though).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing I truly outgrew was Captain Planet. I used to really like it... now I joust don't. Ick. Toxic Crusaders all the way, man... And of course, I liked a fair amount of girly cartoons until I hit Kindergarten.

Anyway, I say what I always say. Look at the stuff that's supposedly made for our age bracket... the so called mature stuff. Survivor? Dancing with the Stars? Judge fill in the blank? That stuff's more immature than Barney. Say what you will about that show, at least the kids are well behaved, and aren't politicking and scamming and backstabbing. Barney is abhorrent trash as a kid's show, don't get me wrong, but at least he doesn't celebrate the worst in humanity... at least, not on an obvious level. Sure, I like a lot of things considered adult. I used to watch old sitcoms all the time as a kid. But the kid's stuf... really... that's where you find some of the sharpest writing.

I mean, who here even got the Sesame Street hurricane episode with the character I. M. Pig? Took me years to get that one.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I know I definitely outgrew Care Bears (loved it was a kid, now I just laugh at it), but a lot of things I kept with me, INCLUDING the Muppets. At my age I'm supposed to watch sleazy reality shows and sitcoms like Desperate Housewives. No thank you!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Desperate Housewives is a sitcom? I never could tell, I thought it was supposed to be a drama.

But then again, I always thought Boston Legal was supposed to be a sitcom...

There's something wrong with today's marketing... DH promos make the show seem dramatic, while BL promos make the show seem comedic...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You're probably also one of the few people who reads books. :wink: