Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Teheheman

Reaction score
I have a theory. Once they get done with all the Muppet Shows and Muppets Tonight, maybe THEN we'll see a release of Muppet Babies. Then Disney might do something like they do with ALL TV shows now. A complete series on DVD. A Muppet-Mania collection or something with all the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Babies, and all the Muppet Movies in one pack with new extras and stuff. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Daniel

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Are there any Muppetbabies episodes on DVD and if so where would I buy them?
While there are bootleg ones that are not legal, not to mention you don't know how good they'll look, there has been a few actual releases.

That's the good news, the bad news is they are very hard to find and only have like one or two episodes. The DVD's came with a plush doll of I believe Kermit, Piggy or Gonzo, maybe Fozzie too but I can't remember. Anyhow, I've seen these dolls with the DVD's go for a pretty good amount of money on ebay and that's if you can even find them.

Hope that helps in someway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've just given up hope on waiting for it. If we want to watch it, most of them are up on youtube. Just download them with mediaconverter before they're taken down.

Redsonga

Reaction score
While there are bootleg ones that are not legal, not to mention you don't know how good they'll look,
They look pretty good :smile:. And not legal or not right now they are our only way of having more than two episodes besides ripping them off youtube:coy:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I feel very fortunate that I managed to tape several episodes off the TV when it aired on Nick Jr., but I'm still missing the last season and a handful from the others.

I've pretty much given up that they'll ever release it, at least in it's original form with no video cuts due to copyright. It's very sad that this cool show is destined to that fate.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I doubt Disney is, at least as of now, too worried about releasing Muppet Babies, I don't think they think their is enough of a demand for them or, as mention before, the show used so much footage from other shows and famous movies that it would be almost impossible to get all the shows uncut.

And many people would probably say well why can't Disney just paid it off, after all their a billion dollar company. But that doesn't mean they should just pay whatever amount thoes other companies would be asking for, they could get to a much that just isn't fair for a 30 second or so clip.

Speaking as someone with a huge collection of cartoon or animation DVDs, I would love to add Muppet Babies to that collection. And since it's owned by Disney, if it were to have a release within the next year or two, it would come with that "Disney Movie Rewards" points, which I've been collecting, :smile:, it would make it all the sweeter.

BlakeMP

Reaction score
I have to agree -- I'd love to see it, but I doubt we will.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
To be honset, I would much rather get the rest of rest of the Muppet Show and, to be honset, I think I would rather have Muppets Tonight on DVD before Muppet babies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. I love Muppet Babies and all, but I wanna see seasons 4 and 5 come out so I can stop worrying if they'll come out or not.

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Oh, don't misunderstand -- if it were a choice between The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies, I'd take the classic any time. But eventually, I'd like to have the MBs too.