Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really. They'll put friggin Penelope Pitstop and Charles in Charge on DVD, but not Muppet Babies?
Penelope Pitstop had a reason to be on DVD... I guess Charles in Charge may too... but definately Penelope Pitstop... after all, that's part of the original Wacky Races trilogy (which included Dasdardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines). And Wacky Races is a classic Hanna Barbera cartoon show.

The main thing stopping MB, we all know, is all those film copyrights. They could release a best of featuring the last 2 seasons which had only stock footage... but they weren't as good as the classic 84-87 episodes. I really think, while stilted and not as good as TMS would have done, Toei really gave the show a good look.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Muppet Babies is one of the better children's cartoons, though I personally find old Rugrats better.

unclematt

Reaction score
Rugrats was pretty good but I look at them on two completely different levels.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Muppet Babies is one of the better children's cartoons, though I personally find old Rugrats better.
Rugrats was pretty good but I look at them on two completely different levels.
I agree with unclematt, I mean if you think about it, it's kind of like how do you compare?

For one thing, Rugrats created original characters that happened to be babies, Muppet Babies on the other hand had to create baby verisons of already made and well know beloved characters. (Well minus Skeeter)

unclematt

Reaction score
Also I think that network tv cartoons are or were much different from Cable network cartoons.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Yeah, you can't really compare Rugrats to Muppet Babies. Except for being babies and using their imagination, they're hardly the same. At least, I think so.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Muppet Babies rules! I grew up with this cartoon in the '80s and though I also watched The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock (both live action and cartoon versions) and Sesame Street, for that matter- I've always loved Muppet Babies equally. They're all great- and I'd love to see Muppet Babies on DVD! A few episodes actually have been released as tie-ins with some stuffed animal-type toys a while back, but I want an actual DVD box set season release. Until it ever happens, I guess I will just have to enjoy the episodes I have on VHS. Muppet Wiki has a pretty good page listing the episodes of Muppet Babies that were officially released on VHS and that's helpful in that regard.:smile: