Skits that made you kind of sad

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
HarveyK said:
There was something about a lower case letter that was lonely. Was it n?
It was a cartoon and there was something about it standing on a hill. Anyone want to jog my meomory suppression?

Do you mean a lower case n, standing on a hill, the wind is very still for the lower case ehhhhhhhhhn.

In the Nd of that skit the lower case n winds up with another lower case n. Look for it on Kazaa.

Does anybody remember the Exit sketch with Chris of Chris and the Alphabeats? He ends up alone in that sketch and panics. I want that sketch.

PiLfan

Reaction score
Al Hempker said:
The one skit that makes me sad is the film where different flowers and plants are shown, and a real sad accoustic guitar piece plays over it. I saw it on Unpaved in the Mr. Hooper's death episode at the very end after the adults explained (or tried to explain) Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird. Perfect film to end that particular episode.

just for FYI purposes...the music (acoustic guitar) heard during this clip of the flower is actually Vivaldi's classic Guitar concerto in D (2nd movement...adagio).

Soul H

Reaction score
You might as well make it 5 J's now, since we recently lost Jim Thurman. :cry:

Instead of any actual skits, I'm just sad over the loss of the four J's.

Jim Henson
Joe Raposo
Jon Stone
Jeff Moss

I'm sort of grateful Sesame Street is still around, but the death of each of the above makes me yearn a little more for the good ol' days. But the joy Sesame Street has given me since Day One far outweighs the sorrow of each man's mortality.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'd say some of the Sesame Street News Flash segments made me a little sad.I guess it was because most of them made Kermit get hurt at the end.

ISNorden

Reaction score
As weird as this sounds, the "10-1" version of the Russian doll counting film used to make me sad; I guess all those goodbyes and the little one's "I don't wanna!" did it.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Even though I've never even heard of that one, I can see by your partial discription why it may have seemed a little sad. It wouldn't happen to be on youtube, would it?

See the thing that makes it a bit different for me was that I didn't watch SS when I was little. So when I watch it today, some things do still make me emotional, but more often I find myself trying to judge how young kids when it first came out would see it. Let's see... Things That I Remember got to me too. Thank you again for it, Randal!
:stick_out_tongue:
:frown:
:smile:
I'm sure there are at least a few other songs and skits. I'll get back to you on that!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Well, 6 Js with Jerry Juhl, but are we just talking about Sesame Street?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well Jerry Juhl counts with Sesame Street, he said he did the early days of the show (on the Fraggle Rock S1 DVD).

Xerus

Reaction score
I thought was sad was when Cookie Monster ate up and destroyed Ernie's pillow leaving his bed pillowess and covered with feathers while Ernie cried. Now Ernie won't be able to sleep.