Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppets of Oz, in my opinion it's worst Muppet movie, all the other ones are good, what do you think? I think it's one of the least talk about Muppet movie, but it was Nominated for Primetime Emmy.
Least Talked about? When we need a good example of a bad example, we always bring up Oz! :big_grin:

It looks like Frank Oz was not in it, but i could be wrong.
He wasn't in it at all. Can't say I'd blame him. It was Eric Jacobson at all points, and he really has come a long way.

And why does it say Company: 20th Century Fox Television was it not disney? Just tell me what you think, your opinion.

The movie was produced by three companies, Henson, Fox, and Disney. Fox and Heasnon where on the project originally, but this was being made while Disney was buying Henson out (of the TMS and Bear Characters, that is), so Disney had claim in the project too. personally, I blame them for rushing the film's production just to say, "Now that we own the Muppets, here's our Muppet Projects!"

pattywack

Reaction score
It wasn't as bad as I thought, but still no old muppet feeling that I got with the other films.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It wasn't as bad as I thought, but still no old muppet feeling that I got with the other films.
I think that was my feeling too. I liked it better than MFS and VMMC. But it still didn't have the right feeling; too many jaded and cruel jokes. But I will say it was a great shining moment when they brought back Scooter; the puppeteer did a great job! :wink:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
this movie has its share of good and bad

Good: Brought back Scooter, agian! :wink:
Bad: it was another movie where the muppets played second fiddle to a human star.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*streaks through thread wearing only silk robe* Seriously...someone notice that we're serious about getting our punctuation back.

What is "Mwoo! A cow with a lisp..." without being able to use ! ! ! after this great expression? ? ? ?

pain

Reaction score
I went back and rewatched this movie with my kids this weekend, and I have to say, it was a little better than when it came out.

I really just do not like how they tried to bring the Muppets do a different audience, they have their own. If you like them, you like them, but if you don't you don't. And USUALLY, nothing can change that.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Three years later, my attitude on this movie is still pretty much the same. I enjoyed it a lot. Some moments felt genuinely Muppet-y to me; others do not. I do think all the characters are utilized well, particularly Miss Piggy and Pepe, who has more than earned his place alongside the classic Muppets. The human cast is decent, though Ashanti is not convincing as an actress in any way. David Allen Grier is funny and Queen Latifah acts like, well, Queen Latifah. I hate Quentin Tarantino's cameo; it's possibly my least favorite moment in any Muppet movie. Jeffrey Tambor needs to work with the Muppets all the time.

"The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" is not awful; it has fairly good replay value, and the mixture of heart and humor is just as strong as in any of the other movies. The execution was just a little off.

Count von Count

Reaction score
Three years later, my attitude on this movie is still pretty much the same.---- Me to.