Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Our cartoons might have been dark and it's not that I hate dark in itself, it's just to me the muppets were never in my mind linked with a bitter sort of jaded darkness...actually I would say that although our cartoons were dark they where not exactly jaded or adult-adult as a whole ether...
Yup that's what I mean, I feel like there's a difference between adult and jaded.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow...*grabs my sister and points at the screen* Lookie there, it's me!

J/K. The point is, I totally agree with you and feel the same way about the movie myself. At the time it aired, I did feel it was the weakest Muppet movie/special (Letters to Santa holds that title now...) due to bad CGI and Dorothy (I don't see the appeal of the young woman they picked to play her, and I wasn't thrilled that the movie seemed to promote her and her not-that-impressive singing.).
About the CGI.... I like to pretend that when they're at Oz that they CGI is purposely made to be ugly... to show the shoddy workmanship of the "wizard" and Bunsen and Beaker xD lol. And as for Ashanti playing Dorothy... well I have nothing against her. I'm not a fan or anything, but the fact that she was in the Muppets makes me like her more lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually though Ashanti was cute, I didn't like how they insulted her outfit, it didn't feel like in good fun.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I just don't see how the Muppets of the "Post Jim-Era" have been jaded or immature simply because they've made some of the adult humor a tad more obvious...it's not like the kids notice (Jaded is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of the Muppets...and the only immature thing I can think of that they did is something that I've already stated many many times in the last couple of weeks...so I'm not going to say it again because I'm sure you're all sick of hearing it). And I don't think it's as bad as people like to make it out to be either...

I dunno, I simply don't get why it's such a big deal...as long as it's funny and goes over the kids heads (Again, many of the cartoons from the 90s...as well as ones on today...have adult humor far worse than anything the Muppets have done so far. And it flys right over the kids heads!) then I don't see the problem.

As for the Muppets having mature and deep bits, I really don't see what's wrong with that as long as they're still funny and heartwarming too...which, to me, they alway have been.

Again, I feel that my watching both Eras equally while growing up has given me a more open-mind view regarding the Muppets...allowing me to enjoy it all while the older fans can't because all they see are the differences (this is just how it comes across to me, I don't mean any offense by saying it). I'm hoping that the next Muppet project will be perfect for ALL the fans, and not disappointing in any way to any of us.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Again, I feel that my watching both Eras equally while growing up has given me a more open-mind regarding the Muppets...allowing me to enjoy it all while the older fans can't because all they see are the differences (this is just how it comes across to me, I don't mean any offense by saying it). I'm hoping that the next Muppet project will be perfect for ALL the fans, and not disappointing in any way to any of us.
I think it's great that you have an open mind about it, I'm often too stubborn about this for my own good, hehe. Still, I don't dislike things about the new projects simply because there are differences, but because I honestly think there are problems. Obviously we'll all get different things out of seeing the same project, it's hilarious human nature. :wink:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Obviously we'll all get different things out of seeing the same project, it's hilarious human nature. :wink:
LOL, that's so very true! Besides, it WOULD be boring if everyone agreed on everything all the time.:wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
LOL, that's so very true! Besides, it WOULD be boring if everyone agreed on everything all the time.:wink:
Yup, one thing I have learned from the Muppets (and this forum) is that it's OK if not everyone likes something (or doesn't like something, heh). :smile:

Like I said before, I nearly gasped when I first heard Scooter speak; he lived again at that moment. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I dunno, I simply don't get why it's such a big deal...as long as it's funny and goes over the kids heads (Again, many of the cartoons from the 90s...as well as ones on today...have adult humor far worse than anything the Muppets have done so far. And it flys right over the kids heads!) then I don't see the problem.
I'm stubborn, I have always held the muppets to a special standard that is all their own because they are so dear and one of a kind to me :smile:. So although they could do nearly anything to match other shows, there is a thin line for me between the muppety and the not, even in a totally free storytelling place like fanfic, I get, like I said stubborn and picky :wink:...
Again, I feel that my watching both Eras equally while growing up has given me a more open-mind view regarding the Muppets...allowing me to enjoy it all while the older fans can't because all they see are the differences (this is just how it comes across to me, I don't mean any offense by saying it). I'm hoping that the next Muppet project will be perfect for ALL the fans, and not disappointing in any way to any of us.
I think it is not so much that we grew up watching any more or less of the newer movies than each other ( I was only six when Muppets at Walt Disney World came out, nine at The Muppet Christmas Carol, and thirteen when Muppet Treasure Island was new) as it is the muppets just effected us in different ways and left a somewhat different impression of themselves to each of us, it's nothing to do with open mindedness IMHO :smile:.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I'm stubborn, I have always held the muppets to a special standard that is all their own because they are so dear and one of a kind to me :smile:. So although they could do nearly anything to match other shows, there is a thin line for me between the muppety and the not, even in a totally free storytelling place like fanfic, I get, like I said stubborn and picky :wink:...
Yeah, I'm like that too. I shouldn't have said it was a case of open-mindedness because that wasn't really fair of me to say. You're right, it's just a difference of opinion and viewpoints.

Forgive me?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm like that too. I shouldn't have said it was a case of open-mindedness because that wasn't really fair of me to say. You're right, it's just a difference of opinion and viewpoints.

Forgive me?
No hard feelings :smile:. No matter what I write I'm never really mad or upset at anyone:excited: