Favorite Ernie & Bert Moments

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I Don't Want to Live on the Moon, Do De Rubber Duck, Shake Your Head One Time, Bert goes shopping sort of, Ernie making Bert bald, Ernie calls Bert while he's out of town, Ernie home alone, Ernie turning the radio up and down and turning Bert into a radio, Ernie interacting with Zoe on 3999 and Ernie and Bert letting their balloons go.

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
Oh, wow. Where do I begin?

- Bert is "It".
- "Dee, Dee, Dee"
- "La, La, La"
- Ernie impersonating Bert when he's home alone.
- "Dance Myself to Sleep"
- "Bert's Blanket"
- "I Gotta Be Clean"
- "Do De Rubber Duck"
- "Would You Like to Buy an O"
- Brad's bath (isn't Brad just the cutest?)
- The cave with the lookalike statues (one of which sings "Rubber Duckie")
- "One Fine Face"
- "Doin' the Pigeon"
- The National Association of W Lovers (I used to sing the club song all the time as a little one... Ah, who am I kiddin'. I still do!)
- The countless occasions where Bert's nose comes loose.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm gonna stop there for now. I love these guys. :stick_out_tongue::frown:

3stairs

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Bert and Ernie fishing and Ernie singing a song with "Hey, Fishy, won't you come out and play?" in it? It was one of my all-time favorite Sesame Street skits and I still sing the line to my kids. I'd love to see a video of it. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find it? I've searched and searched and can't even find mention of the song, let alone a video.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Haven't heard of it. The only "fish" thing I was ever aware of was the "here, fishy, fishy" sketch (which always cracks me up, btw).

At any rate, I love the one where Bert is It, the drum one where Bert has to mimic the notes (and the REAL sad thing is I can't find it on youtube but after all these years I can still sing most of the entire routine), the fishy one, Doin' the Pigeon, ... okay, I really just dig the entire thing.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Oh goodness, there's so many...but off the top of my head, the Egyptian tomb one, the old school Bert has a purple hand, the one where Ernie's taking a bath with the bowling ball, flashlight, etc. Anything where Ernie had a radio because I always thought the music that came out of it was funny (my favorite use of the radio was when Bert was trying to sleep and Ernie was turning on the radio, the vacuum, etc.)

clutch123

Reaction score
there are so many Bert and Ernie sketches to choose from, but these are my favorites:

- "My favorite number is 6": song by Bert.

- "The statue of Bert": Ernie makes a clay bust of Bert, but runs out of clay for the nose, so he pulls Bert's nose off and puts it on the statue.

- "Imagine That": a song by Ernie.

- "Imagination"; A beautiful song by Bert, and the ending with all those balloons coming down brought a tear to my eye because it was so majestic.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
there are so many Bert and Ernie sketches to choose from, but these are my favorites:

- "My favorite number is 6": song by Bert.

- "The statue of Bert": Ernie makes a clay bust of Bert, but runs out of clay for the nose, so he pulls Bert's nose off and puts it on the statue.

- "Imagine That": a song by Ernie.

- "Imagination"; A beautiful song by Bert, and the ending with all those balloons coming down brought a tear to my eye because it was so majestic.
I like the Number 6 song as well. I especially like when the song changes when Bert sings "When people say hey Bert pick a number, I always pick the one nobody picks...."

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I have lots of moments with Ernie and Bert that I could think of off the bat:
- "Here fishy, fishy, fishy!"
-Ernie and Bert explore a pyramid in Egypt and the statue that looks like Ernie scares Ernie at first, then scares Bert in the end.
-"I don't want to live on the moon"
-Ernie returns from camp
-Ernie brings home a puppy
-Bert tells pigeon jokes
-Ernie and Bert camping under the stars
-"But I like you"
-"Dance myself to sleep"
-Banana in the ear sketch
-The rhyming game- the ad-libs are funny!
-Ernie and Bert explore the jungle looking for Dr. Livingston
-Ernie's snowman
-Ernie counts fruit including the fruit that isn't there!
Ernie: Want a kiwi fruit, Bert?
Bert: NO!
Ernie: I don't have one anyhow.- My favorite line of the whole sketch!
-Bert's physical exam by Ernie

clutch123

Reaction score
I just thought of another bert and ernie segment I liked:

"The counts sleep over", I just love the way the Count comes over bert and ernie's for a sleep over, then keeps ernie awake the entire night counting, thus turning ernie into a zombie. "I laugh at ernie's zombie expression when he enters the room at the end".