Favorite Ernie & Bert Moments

clutch123

Reaction score
I am suprised nobody mentioned this Bert and Ernie sketch:

Ernie counts sheep, fire engines and balloons -

Ernie can't sleep, so Bert tells him to count sheep. Ernie tries to count sheep, but it's dull -- so Ernie starts counting fire engines. The noise from the imaginary fire engine wakes Bert up. So Bert tells Ernie to count something quieter. So Ernie counts a balloon -- but the balloon gets bigger and bigger, finally bursting with a huge explosion that wakes Bert.

This sketch makes me laugh everytime; especially Bert's reactions to Ernie's imagination.

Too funny!

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I am suprised nobody mentioned this Bert and Ernie sketch:

Ernie counts sheep, fire engines and balloons -

Ernie can't sleep, so Bert tells him to count sheep. Ernie tries to count sheep, but it's dull -- so Ernie starts counting fire engines. The noise from the imaginary fire engine wakes Bert up. So Bert tells Ernie to count something quieter. So Ernie counts a balloon -- but the balloon gets bigger and bigger, finally bursting with a huge explosion that wakes Bert.

This sketch makes me laugh everytime; especially Bert's reactions to Ernie's imagination.

Too funny!
Good one! This was one of my favorites as a kid.

clutch123

Reaction score
Here's another couple that were really good:

Ernie breaks the cookie jar: It cracks me up how Ernie keeps going in and out carrying different things one by one; to show bert is so funny. And the look on Berts face throughout this sketch is even funnier.

The "Q" game: The ending to this sketch is so funny:

Bert: "10 Q"
Ernie: "What's that's Bert?"
Bert: "10 Q! 10 Q!"
Ernie: "Your welcome Bert!"

erniefan1

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue:My favorite Ernie and Bert moments are when they go to the movies and a lady with a tall hat sits in front of Ernie and Ernie tries to figure out a way to see the film such as trying to sit on Bert's lap or trade sits with Bert! I just died laughing at that scene! I also liked when they went camping and Ernie kept waking Bert up wondering about all the different sounds that they hear. FUNNY!

clutch123

Reaction score
Now here's a remarkable sketch:

Bert is sitting in his favorite chair reading a book. Ernie enters the apartment with a suprise and wants Bert to guess what it is.

Bert guesses, but eventually gives up and Ernie shows Bert the suprise; a puppy.

The puppy looked nervous in Ernie's hands, but who wouldn't?

Jim Henson had the best ideas for these two!

TelephoneRock

Reaction score
Now here's a remarkable sketch:

Bert is sitting in his favorite chair reading a book. Ernie enters the apartment with a suprise and wants Bert to guess what it is.

Bert guesses, but eventually gives up and Ernie shows Bert the suprise; a puppy.

The puppy looked nervous in Ernie's hands, but who wouldn't?

Jim Henson had the best ideas for these two!

I liked the sketch with the puppy, too. I also liked "But I Like You", the banana in Ernie's ear, and when Ernie sang "O Solo Mio" out the window, just to see what time it was! :smile: