Follow That Bird Discussion Thread

Lamango

Reaction score
:wisdom: Ah, this film was great...

Some things I thought would have made the film better, and things that bugged me...

One, when ever Big Bird was on the road, you somehow wish a certain Bear and Frog would drive up to him and ask him for a lift...

Telly, why where your eyes so imobale? WHY!

Oscar being a wise guy...Lawl.

And, I have a question... When Big Bird fully closed his eyes, the only other time I've seen BB close his eyes so fully, was in the Muppet Show third season... When he laughes at Piggy...

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
This movie was pure genius. However, I was shocked and upset that Elmo didn't have a cameo. Then again, if Elmo appeared, he probably would've stolen the spotlight. Anyway, this movie was Sesame Street's finest hour. Big Bird was in the spotlight, as nature intended, but the other characters had several memorable bits, similar to The Simpsons Movie. The idea of greedy carnival workers wanting money is a bit too advanced for the targeted age group of Sesame Street, so I have no idea why that was added.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I thought Elmo was in there, either at the beginning or at the end.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I thought Elmo was in there, either at the beginning or at the end.
Yeah, he's at the end with other monsters, saying "No no no no no" from an apartment window.

As for the Sleaze Bros., the film needed a good villian (or in this case pair of villains) that wouldn't be too scary for the kiddies. My sister was 3 when she first saw the movie and she picked up on what those guys were up to. Unfair carnies are all over the place, rigging games and raising prices just like Sid and Sam did.

Sam: "Ten cents for the round trip, kid."
Kid: "Ten cents? What a rip off!"

It was rather convenient of them though to have a truck with a huge bird cage, complete with swing, on the back of their truck.:crazy:

All in all, a wonderful film! Perfect to watch on some Sunday afternoon in summer with some iced tea.

Convincing John

Redsonga

Reaction score
This movie was pure genius. However, I was shocked and upset that Elmo didn't have a cameo. Then again, if Elmo appeared, he probably would've stolen the spotlight.
Elmo was a different type of character back then, he never really stole anything, even in the parts when he was in the spotlight :smile:. Grover was the 'cute' monster of the 80's-early 90's IMHO :super:, and he did it without being 'too much' because Telly, and Cookie Monster were always around to...
I miss the more family like feeling of the 80's shows/movies, now it seems like the characters keep to themselves alone or in pairs a lot more than they use to:cry:

RL4422

Reaction score
Everytime we went to rent a movie, my sister would pick a Pippi Longstocking movie... and I would pick "Follow that bird"... EVERYTIME :smile: I bought it recently and watched it for the first time in almost 20 years. I remembered everything :smile: What a wonderful movie, and how nice it is that people keep that type of thing alive!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Elmo was a different type of character back then, he never really stole anything, even in the parts when he was in the spotlight :smile:. Grover was the 'cute' monster of the 80's-early 90's IMHO :super:, and he did it without being 'too much' because Telly, and Cookie Monster were always around to...
I miss the more family like feeling of the 80's shows/movies, now it seems like the characters keep to themselves alone or in pairs a lot more than they use to:cry:
Yeah, I think this was during the Richard Hunt Elmo years, though you didn't quite hear the voice there. The Elmo we know didn't appear until about a year later. I guess it's best that this movie came out when it did.

superboober

Reaction score
Anyone ever wonder if the Dodos lawnmower is STILL going around at this moment?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, I think this was during the Richard Hunt Elmo years, though you didn't quite hear the voice there. The Elmo we know didn't appear until about a year later. I guess it's best that this movie came out when it did.
This movie is like a time capsule of "our" SS:flirt:..I even almost cry just seeing something as simple as Bruno still being around:cry:. And I use to hate Bruno when I was little *lol*
I really cry seeing Barkley again though, I really miss him..I know he hasn't really gone from SS but it almost feels like it... after he was such a mascot for SS for so long:cry:...