Fraggle figures! (we need 'em)

Foodie

Reaction score
Yes you should! im sure everyone would love to see him
Do the pictures that Palisade had on their site still exist? He looks about the same but I still wanna take pictures for the joy of... it. :smirk:

justairbagit

Reaction score
the picture are no longer on the site but i did save them before they disapeared so if you would like them just send me an email and ill send them to you but ide still like to see your pics

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy: Here's a picture from the Wiki! :smirk:

Keep in mind that Ken and the Palisades team were still working on major revisions especially in the hair department. This prototype (while extremely cool and pretty) is probably only 75% of what it would have been. Ken was really keen on pushing the envelope and trying to pin down things like Muppet hair rather than make a big plastic gob. Every figure taught the Palisades team something new. If this Gobo had ever been finished it would have likely been even better than the Muppet Show line of action figures. :excited:

Foodie

Reaction score

Keep in mind that Ken and the Palisades team were still working on major revisions especially in the hair department. This prototype (while extremely cool and pretty) is probably only 75% of what it would have been. Ken was really keen on pushing the envelope and trying to pin down things like Muppet hair rather than make a big plastic gob. Every figure taught the Palisades team something new. If this Gobo had ever been finished it would have likely been even better than the Muppet Show line of action figures.
Exactly. The prototype is definitely not at the finished stage. It's painted but they didn't do all the stripes on his sleeves and they hadn't given him the texture on his " skin " either. The hair I'm sure would've been handled differently too I'm sure. Actually, my guess is that he's a prototype of a prototype. Compared to Palisades Muppet figures, if that Gobo was the final product, he'd fall way short of their established eye for including every detail possible. He is incredible to have though. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. The prototype is definitely not at the finished stage. It's painted but they didn't do all the stripes on his sleeves and they hadn't given him the texture on his " skin " either. The hair I'm sure would've been handled differently too I'm sure. Actually, my guess is that he's a prototype of a prototype. Compared to Palisades Muppet figures, if that Gobo was the final product, he'd fall way short of their established eye for including every detail possible. He is incredible to have though. :smirk:
I drool over that Gobo like I do over Oscar, Ernie and Big Bird from Sesame's nixed line.

You're right that the beautiful figure you have is still an early prototype. The points I remember that were up for revision were particularly hair (soften and feather), face (tweak proportions around mouth and nose), a slight tweak in height, minor color alterations and the final addition of texture.

This was so special because Ken really wanted to add to the Muppets line before the Disney sale and Henson actually said yes to this. The hope was to one day have the Fraggle five and some Doozer packs. However, even if released, successful and the Disney sale didn't happen there was still a likelyhood that Gobo would have been a one-shot deal. That's the best I can remember it. Might have gotten a few details wrong. :coy:

Still can't believe you have that bad boy. I'm jealous! Very. :smile:

Foodie

Reaction score
I drool over that Gobo like I do over Oscar, Ernie and Big Bird from Sesame's nixed line.

You're right that the beautiful figure you have is still an early prototype. The points I remember that were up for revision were particularly hair (soften and feather), face (tweak proportions around mouth and nose), a slight tweak in height, minor color alterations and the final addition of texture.

This was so special because Ken really wanted to add to the Muppets line before the Disney sale and Henson actually said yes to this. The hope was to one day have the Fraggle five and some Doozer packs. However, even if released, successful and the Disney sale didn't happen there was still a likelyhood that Gobo would have been a one-shot deal. That's the best I can remember it. Might have gotten a few details wrong.

Still can't believe you have that bad boy. I'm jealous! Very.
Yeah. I printed up the images from that article to drool over. Must've drooled enough I guess. I find it hard to believe I have the thing still. :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:wisdom: Was the Big Bird sculpt ever finished? That's the only SST figure Palisades made I'm missing, if it was ever completed. Need to find Slimey and Rubber Duckie though. And you guys would love Oscar, even owing to the toughness of detaching and/or reattaching his arms.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Keep in mind that Ken and the Palisades team were still working on major revisions especially in the hair department. This prototype (while extremely cool and pretty) is probably only 75% of what it would have been. Ken was really keen on pushing the envelope and trying to pin down things like Muppet hair rather than make a big plastic gob. Every figure taught the Palisades team something new. If this Gobo had ever been finished it would have likely been even better than the Muppet Show line of action figures. :excited:
And all this time, I thought it was an Irving Legend.

That's the kind of story your Uncle Irving will tell you.

Anyway, it's a real shame they never got the chance to release series 10, especially with this figure. Once they finished the hair, and added in the flocking texturing this figure would have really sung.

You gotta hand it to those dudes. They really gave the fans what they wanted, and did a beautiful job doing it.