The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a good clip. What I noticed about it, and this has been mentioned before with a different clip, is that the little girl in the very back who was sitting next to Richard found something, or someone, more interesting than the vegetables. She kept leaning on her side and looking down. It looked like she was more interested in what Richard was doing than in what she was supposed to be doing.
I noticed that too! And wow you read about that other clip when it happened, very nice! I probably would have been the kid to stare and wondr at the Muppeteer myself, lol. I was a sensitive kid and scared of things like Chucky Cheese, lol. I would have been relieved to know there were really people behind the curtain, lol.

Seriously though, it's fun watching the puppeteers, even as a kid. Actually, in High School we did a production of Little Shop of Horrors and it turned out our puppeteer had worked on Sesame Street! Even though I was on stage during the plant scenes, I just had to watch him at work!

Going off topic, I introduced Fraggle Rock to my friend the other day, and she hated it. I wanted to explain to her that it gets better as it went along; and that even though it's silly, it tries to teach a wonderful message to children, unlike most shows of today.
Aw too bad, I hate when that happens. Sometimes it takes just the right episode and the right introduction (and a lot of planning beforehand hehe). I wouldn't give up, just reorganize. I've been trying to convince my friend to watch a Marx Brothers movie for a few weeks now, lol, I'll make it eventually! :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sometimes it takes just the right episode and the right introduction (and a lot of planning beforehand hehe). I wouldn't give up, just reorganize.
Same. I mean, despite the fact that they rather disliked Henson's work in general to start with, I got my siblings to--at least--tolerate his work, since they know I am a fan of it.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I noticed that too! And wow you read about that other clip when it happened, very nice! I probably would have been the kid to stare and wondr at the Muppeteer myself, lol. I was a sensitive kid and scared of things like Chucky Cheese, lol. I would have been relieved to know there were really people behind the curtain, lol.
Same here; and it's also a lot of fun to know all about the people and the goings-on behind the scenes. I'd have probably been looking down at the performers too...but on the other hand, I do have trouble deciding whether to keep my eyes on the Muppet or the Muppeteer, when both are on the screen.

I was visiting my family over the weekend, and Mom asked me to play the MuppetCast tribute to Richard for her. Don't know if she'd want me to mention this, but it made her a little misty-eyed, between Frank's vigil by Richard's bed, the final tribute party, and the description of how Richard's ashes were sent on their final voyage on Venice's Grand Canal. She loved the whole thing, but it made her kinda misty.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I do have trouble deciding whether to keep my eyes on the Muppet or the Muppeteer, when both are on the screen.
Same here. They both intrigue me so.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do have trouble deciding whether to keep my eyes on the Muppet or the Muppeteer, when both are on the screen.
Same here, I know everyone talks about the magic not being broken even when you see the puppeteer, and that's true. But I find myself really curious about what the performers' are doing. Sometimes you get an even better idea of the character's personality and motivations because the performers are able to get across a bit more facial expressions (as great as the Muppets are of course). :smile:

between Frank's vigil by Richard's bed, the final tribute party, and the description of how Richard's ashes were sent on their final voyage on Venice's Grand Canal. She loved the whole thing, but it made her kinda misty.
Aw that's sweet, I definitely understand, I think about it a lot too. It's a very touching yet difficult story. You're very lucky to have a Mom who shares your interest. It's always more fun with my Mom. :smile:

On a happier note! We finally get to see Baby Janice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuuPH-c4CsE

::Sniff:: It's almost like having Janice back after all this time. And you'll probably figure out where I got my new signature soon enough! :flirt:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Aw that's sweet, I definitely understand, I think about it a lot too. It's a very touching yet difficult story. You're very lucky to have a Mom who shares your interest. It's always more fun with my Mom. :smile:
Yeah, well, we're all Muppet fans where I come from. When Mom and Dad bought their first video player, a Beta machine (remember those, those of us who were around in the early to mid '80s?), the first movie they taped with it was TMM.

And yes, a lot of the stories in the tribute episode are touching, but difficult. Mom admitted to me that she'd have a lot of trouble going to a tribute party like the kind the crew threw for Richard just before he died - after all, they're having a party where the guest of honor is this close to shrugging off these mortal coils.

But she got a kick out of a lot of Jane's remarks, plus Gladys' soliloquy (with a nod to Shylock in "The Merchant of Venice").

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When Mom and Dad bought their first video player, a Beta machine (remember those, those of us who were around in the early to mid '80s?), the first movie they taped with it was TMM.
Lol yup, we never had Betas, but I actually got to work with them recently. They're so huge!

Mom admitted to me that she'd have a lot of trouble going to a tribute party like the kind the crew threw for Richard just before he died - after all, they're having a party where the guest of honor is this close to shrugging off these mortal coils.
You know I had thought of that too. Trying to make time with the person, knowing they'll be gone soon and not coming back. I'll remind myself of one of my fav Fraggle songs:

"You've got to leave to stay. We'll meet again...someday, just a dream away."

But she got a kick out of a lot of Jane's remarks, plus Gladys' soliloquy (with a nod to Shylock in "The Merchant of Venice").
"What a moooving experience!" Hehe

Regarding the Janice Muppet Babies episode, overall she looks like the real Muppet. I liked her comments about the other Muppets, lol. It sounds a little like Janice, it's definitely in character, but it's too much like a guy. Richard managed to pull off the feminine angle as well (the way Frank did with Piggy).

She grows on me though, I wish grown up Janice had had more interaction with the cast like this (Like can you get behind it? ! :flirt:)

Kinda ironic that the Valley Girl Muppet is the one who can read, lol. But I like that she's older, it coincides with her being in a rockin band later in life.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Everybody in my family is a fan of the Muppets but I can never talk to anybody about them as they shun me out.

Anyway. thank you so muhc for posting the Muppet Babies episode! I have not seen it sense it aired.