The RHLC!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hey Heralde. I finished TMS season 3. The episodes that most stood out for me overall besides Big Bird's appearance were the cast turning into chickens and the Robin Hood Production. If they'd chosen to portray Prince John I reckon Link Hogthrob would have been perfect and hilarious.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hello guys. :3
I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in this thread fer yonks. -_- *sigh* I just got back from holidays, I hope everyone had a great easter, too. 'Trading Places' was on the telly on saturday night, that has Richard and Frank in it, doesn't it? But I was so tired I went to be before it started! (Mind you, it started at 11:00... PM! Stupid, if you ask me..).

Hi! I haven't been here in a while. No time to catch up at the moment, but I missed you guys xD
MEEP!

*Glomp*

Oh wow, I've missed you! I understand that you must have a lot on your plate, but still- it's great to see you back around these parts. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Welcome back to RHLC Katie. :smile:

I'm watching my season 1 of Fraggle Rock now. They really remind me of dear old Richard because of his wonderful character Junior Gorg. :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think the Alice Cooper episode stood out the most for me in season there because it's bizarreness seemed a little out there for even this show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey Heralde. I finished TMS season 3. The episodes that most stood out for me overall besides Big Bird's appearance were the cast turning into chickens and the Robin Hood Production. If they'd chosen to portray Prince John I reckon Link Hogthrob would have been perfect and hilarious.
Oh I love the Robin Hood episode! Scooter trying to get Floyd to help him move the scenery and then forgetting it's his turn to go on, hehe. I also love the song Lynn Redgrave and Kermit sing. I was singing the chorus the other day and completely forgot where it was from, it's just so beautiful. :smile:

Hello guys. :3
I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in this thread fer yonks. -_- *sigh* I just got back from holidays, I hope everyone had a great easter, too. 'Trading Places' was on the telly on saturday night, that has Richard and Frank in it, doesn't it? But I was so tired I went to be before it started! (Mind you, it started at 11:00... PM! Stupid, if you ask me..).
Hi Kiki! Aw too bad you missed Trading Places, yeah it's one that has Richard and Frank. I hope you get to catch it again at some point!

I think the Alice Cooper episode stood out the most for me in season there because it's bizarreness seemed a little out there for even this show.
I love that one, it's cool to have a (then) contemporary Rock Star on the show instead of the usual older (but very talented) showbiz crowd. But Alice Cooper is such a cool guy, if you ever see him in interviews, hehe.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
"Umm...it wasn't this weird when we had Julie Andrews on the show!" But, yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that Alice Cooper's a cool guy...and according to a few people he's a pretty good golfer.

Yeah, for Prince John they'd need someone pompous and thick-headed, so Link would be perfect. And all of a sudden, I'm thinking of Scooter's description of Black Bart: "with the strength of an ox, and the nerve of a fox...and the brains of a gooseberry flan!"

Scooter was perfect as Alan-a-Dale...and I'll bet his puppeteer had lots of fun saying some of those lines.

In the original Robin Hood stories, the Sheriff's the main bad guy, with Prince John hovering evilly in the background, but a lot of adaptations have a trifecta of bad guys: the Sheriff, the prince, and Guy of Gisbourne. If the Muppets ever brought him in, they'd need someone with a very pronounced mean streak.

And I know what you mean, Kiki - "Trading Places" always happens to be on when I'm not around to watch it. Someday...

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I just listened to the latest MuppetCast, the one with the interview with Jerry Nelson. It's really cool - Jerry talks a little bit about Richard, how he was like "a big puppy" with his exuberance around the studio, as well as how Richard was pretty much the Muppets' official ambassador or diplomat, whenever guests came in to visit the studio.

He also talked about the origins of the Two-Headed Monster, and they played a clip of one of the Monster sketches. Hysterical!

Kiki

Reaction score
Welcome back to RHLC Katie. :smile:

I'm watching my season 1 of Fraggle Rock now. They really remind me of dear old Richard because of his wonderful character Junior Gorg. :big_grin:
Thanks Marty. :smile: Yeah, I re-watched FR season 1 not so long ago, although the Aussie versions don't have spec-features I got the first season from the States and it has a Fraggle doco which introduces the muppeteers and such. It's such a joy to see Richard.

Hi Kiki! Aw too bad you missed Trading Places, yeah it's one that has Richard and Frank. I hope you get to catch it again at some point!
I hope so, too! I was so tired... I just couldn't do it! XD I've seen pics and stuff, though. Looks interesting.

"Umm...it wasn't this weird when we had Julie Andrews on the show!" But, yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that Alice Cooper's a cool guy...and according to a few people he's a pretty good golfer.
Yeah, Alice Cooper is addicted to golfing! He seems like a really nice dude, though. His interviews are always very entertaining, I have a lot of respect fer the guy. ^^

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I hope so, too! I was so tired... I just couldn't do it! XD I've seen pics and stuff, though. Looks interesting.
Yeah it's a funny movie, though very dirty, lol. Richard's scene at the end is a little confusing if you don't understand the stock market (like most of us don't!) but he manages to save it with great facial expressions, hehe.

Yeah, Alice Cooper is addicted to golfing! He seems like a really nice dude, though. His interviews are always very entertaining, I have a lot of respect fer the guy. ^^
Definitely and even his stage persona is awesome; somehow it's freeing to feel like screaming and carrying on like that lol. :halo: