My Report: Disney World & The Muppets - PLEASE READ!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's the point I was making. They wouldn't remove something Muppet related if they thought The Muppets could succeed.

healy18

Reaction score
I have just returned from a trip to Florida and also noticed how busy the area around Mupptvision was! This is my 4th time to WDW Florida and i have never seen the area and indeed the shop looking so busy! The only worry to me was the lack of merchandise! The shop was really empty of muppety stuff and what was there was quite poor in quality! They have also removed lots of merchandise especially the beanies and plushes! There were no Bunsen, Sam, Statler, Waldorf, Rizzo, Scooter? They were all there when i went in 2006! There were no mugs, keychains, or any decent magnets! It ws just mainly t-shirts and caps!
Anyone know a reason for the drwback in merchandise in the park?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Maybe the mouse is trying to figure out the best way to sell the frog and friends back into the public's eye before making more merchandise. Either that, or who's to say that the merch wasn't all bought out?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
MV3D merch is always a weird subject. The original rumor that existed shortly after Jim died was that the family was with-holding rights so Disney wasn't allowed to make anything new, so it was believed they were going to make a new MV3D film so they could legally make whatever they wanted as long as it pertained to the movie. The reality was of course that Jim's death put the contract to the attraction in a sticky situation.

Merchandise at the store never has been and most likely never will be, acceptable to fans in respects to the amount of stuff that's available. Like I said in the report, it could be Muppet World and sell nothing but Muppet merchandise and it still wouldn't be enough for us.

As far as the lack of stuff there right now, it could be the calm before the storm. I mean if Disney is making the push to profit from the Muppets, then this store is their golden ticket. It's the end of summer too, so stock may be rotating soon also.

Interesting to myself; has anyone noticed how The Disney Store has become The Disney Channel Store? You used to be able to buy the same stuff you'd get at the parks there, but now it's DC stuff.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Interesting to myself; has anyone noticed how The Disney Store has become The Disney Channel Store? You used to be able to buy the same stuff you'd get at the parks there, but now it's DC stuff.
I'm not surprised, considering that Disney milks the Tweens' merch for all its worth.

Pan in Scarlet

Reaction score
Convinced my roommate to let me hang around Muppet Studios in Disney World to get some pictures for everyone here. I apologize for the crappiness of some of them.

outside of the muppet store

in case you missed the giant kermits.

Happiness Hotel inside the muppet store

the counter beneath the happiness hotel setup

Prop stashing

more prop stashing

wow.

Not sure what this is.

I have more if people want to see it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Excellent photos, just fantastic. I've seen all this a thousand times, but seeing pictures from just a few days ago makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Maybe because I was supposed to be there this past week. We had reservations for the day after Christmas to today, and we had most of the trip paid off, but had to cancel awhile back, so I'm a little bummed.

What is the merchandise to the left of the magnet board? Looks like pretty new stuff.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Excellent photos, just fantastic. I've seen all this a thousand times, but seeing pictures from just a few days ago makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Maybe because I was supposed to be there this past week. We had reservations for the day after Christmas to today, and we had most of the trip paid off, but had to cancel awhile back, so I'm a little bummed.

What is the merchandise to the left of the magnet board? Looks like pretty new stuff.
Are you talking about the Muppets Star Wars/Star Tours figures in the left? The other stuff looks like a picture frame to me.

I don't remember seeing the Bean Bunny plush the last time I went. I kinda want one. :embarrassed: