My Report: Disney World & The Muppets - PLEASE READ!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Great report Vic!:smile:
Several years ago, I bought a Swedish Chef shirt from their store there. It has a college-like applique on the front the says Swedish Chef's Coolinary Academy on the front & him trying to give a turkey a bath on the back of the shirt.
I also bought an 18" (approx) Kermit who has flexible arms & legs

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have that Kermit too! Unfortunately, they no longer have any large plushes.

P

Philip Kippel

Vic Romano said:
Sadly, Kermit and Piggy no longer make appearances on the side for photos or autographs. No cast members had an answer for why that was either, but I assume it’s due to having few if not just one Kermit & Piggy costume that would require a high level of maintenance.
I've heard that the reason why Kermit & Piggy are no longer doing meet-and-greets at Disney's theme parks is because the Henson family saw them and insisted that they be pulled (and that the Henson family still has say what Disney does and doesn't do with the Muppets).

I've also been told that they want to take a new direction with them by having them appear as puppets (as we see them on television and in movies) rather than as full-body walk-around characters.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
man, it's been 5 years since i've been there, i should go back sometime soon

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
AWESOME REVIEW, A BIT JEALOUS FROM DOWN UNDER, HOPEFULLY ONE DAY I WILL GET TO GO TO DISNEYWORLD. LOVE THE PICTURES. DID U BUY HEAPS OF MUPPET STUFF.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
I've heard that the reason why Kermit & Piggy are no longer doing meet-and-greets at Disney's theme parks is because the Henson family saw them and insisted that they be pulled (and that the Henson family still has say what Disney does and doesn't do with the Muppets).

I've also been told that they want to take a new direction with them by having them appear as puppets (as we see them on television and in movies) rather than as full-body walk-around characters.
The full bodied Kermit and Piggy costumed characters still appear in the "Stars in Motor Cars" parade daily in MGM, so they're not completely retired. Interestingly enough though; the painted backdrop of a gazaebo in Springtime that was used for the Muppet costumed photo op is still there.

As it turns out, I'll most likely be going down again for a three day weekend in December and then spending New Year's Eve 2007 there too, so I'll hopefully interact with some more knowledgeable cast members.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I had hand-written all the prices for everything I found, unfortunately I lost that list. :embarrassed: Sorry!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhh............... Now I want to go more than ever! :excited: What were the 3 different coin patterns?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I still hafta' scan the one I got, but one was of Kermit (that's the one I got) one of Fozzie and I think one of Piggy, all with the MV3D logo underneath. In all honesty though, my memory's a little hazy of the other two coin presses.

The coin press machines could be found EVERYWHERE in Disney, but the Muppets one was the only one of it's kind that existed in the MV3D store.