2007 "Hairspray" Movie?!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but why the shell did they have to go hollywood with this and NOT cast Harvey Firestine as the Transvestite mother? John Travolta is all WRONG for the part. It has to be someone who has a man's voice when they play a woman.
Yeah I get what you mean, sometimes Hollywood is totally oblivious to these things.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
It is supposed to be diverse from the musical and be its own by itself.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Um........yeah, I think they would've been better off NOT remaking this. The musical, from what I hear, is so much better, and the movie version really just looks like it's gonna suck. I mean, seriously, Amanda Bynes and John Travolta? Come on. I can outact those 2 schmucks on a day where I have food poisoning. Film myself in the bathroom all day, I'll be a YouTube smash. But, seriously, has Hollywood come out with NOTHING good? I mean, really. Is THIS and the Bratz movie the best they can come up with for the summer? I'll be waiting for the new Die Hard movie. Oh, and Jacob(since I know you're SUCH a big fan) on Coke Rewards, they have freebies for this movie. Wallpaper for your cellphone, and ringtones, stuff like that.

Daniel

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I was a little peeved that Harvey Fierstein wasn't cast again as Edna Turnblad, but every single review I've read thus far praises Travolta up and down. I guess we'll see when the time comes, but personally, I like what I'm seeing.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
There have been a lot of good studio releases this year, actually.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's true. And I love people like John Lasseter who choose substance over making a quick buck.:smile: