New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

wiley207

Reaction score
IMO, I don't really mind Abby Cadabby. When I heard she would be in every episode in Season 38, I thought she was going to be in the street story in every episode or something like that. But it turns out that most of her appearances during the season were at the end of episodes to announce the sponsors.

However, this kind of thing they're doing to Abby Cadabby reminds me of back in 1972, they did a very similar thing to Count von Count. They had him appear in many sketches in the 1972-1973 season, and he also appeared in a Sesame Street News skit and Muppet-and-Kid skit that season as well. Now look at him today, he's pretty popular, but not as popular as Elmo!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But Count is popular--not only because of his math, though--because he is the only character left that Jerry Nelson (formerly Little Jerry & several other characters) plays.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But Count is popular--not only because of his math, though--because he is the only character left that Jerry Nelson (formerly Little Jerry & several other characters) plays.
Well, I would say that is the one of the many reasons he is popular among Muppet fans. But kids love him for a whole set different reasons. He entertaining witch is a reason I'm sure both adults and kids love him.:wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I would say that is the one of the many reasons he is popular among Muppet fans. But kids love him for a whole set different reasons. He entertaining witch is a reason I'm sure both adults and kids love him.:wink:
If only people would realize that the thunder & lightning (that was his staple after counting with triumphant fevor) was meant to just tie in with his Romanian background, not to scare anyone (though I could understand how his 1972 hypnotic powers could frighten one), and thus, didn't warrant the accompaniment of baloons & confetti.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Point taken. I don't like seeing once-core characters reduced to seemingly nothing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hey, this practically the most we've seen The Count this milenium. In the 1998-2001 episodes, he barley appeared. Sure he appeared in like 15 street stories, but he made few appearences in inserts. The only ones I know of are His Counting School, A SS Goes to Daycare segment and Lambaba. Other than that, he was hardly around. He's got his own segment now that appeares in the vast majority of the episodes.