My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Something just seems a bit..off to me about Pepe. But then, like I said I never quite 'got' Rizzo ether. I don't know why :\
Anyway, I'm sure everyone has their least favorites to :smile:
I'm there with you on Rizzo. I like him okay and I love the Muppet rats but Rizzo's probably my least favorite of the bunch. I think both Pepe and Rizzo have personalities that try too hard at times, but Pepe has this aloof self-deluded quality to him that I find endearing and Muppety. Kind of like how Fozzie thinks his jokes are funny no matter how he performs. Pepe also has this sharpness that is a little disconcerting and less Muppety to some fans, but I think the gang needs that. In some ways the prawn is more of a diva than the pig! :embarrassed:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I still say I must have watched Fraggle Rock at some time when I was a baby because I still call my mother 'Ma' and I think that is where I got it :wink:.

I think what hooked me was when the Muppets went to Disneyworld :excited: . It's funny how Disney owns them now that I think about it :coy:
That's funny you saw that see by that alone you could say your a better fan lol I've never seen it until recently on youtube.
I really want disney to release it on dvd, it wouldn't be hard to do that at all.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm there with you on Rizzo. I like him okay and I love the Muppet rats but Rizzo's probably my least favorite of the bunch. I think both Pepe and Rizzo have personalities that try too hard at times, but Pepe has this aloof self-deluded quality to him that I find endearing and Muppety. Kind of like how Fozzie thinks his jokes are funny no matter how he performs. Pepe also has this sharpness that is a little disconcerting and less Muppety to some fans, but I think the gang needs that. In some ways the prawn is more of a diva than the pig! :embarrassed:
And that's why I love the Prawn, I think it would be cute if he had a pawn shop on the site or on a new show and would try to sell people things and it could be called Pepe's Pawn Shop but the Pawn could have lil r in it to make it look like it says Prawn lol

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
To me, Sesame Street will always be in the public eye. Even if it's only through the little furry red double edged sword, Elmo. Though the addition of Abby is pretty much the most high profile thing they did in years
I beg to differ - There have been lots of new things that CTW/Sesame Workshop have created that have been new and wonderful for KIDS. The Beginning Together DVD series is awesome - Controversial because of people that think babies can't retain any information other than knowing when it's time to eat. The Play with me Sesame DVD's are again at a new level with virtual environments that make it easier for a performer to imagine as children do to get the job done. Digital sets are the wave of the future. And Although Abby is a great addition to the cast... Elmo may still be the focus - But that is the target market 3 1/2 year old kids that want to learn and count to 20+. Wanna do something to get this back in the public eye - Help the Jim Henson Legacy - Have kids and teach them what we all learned.:insatiable:

RealMissPiggy

Reaction score
.......---------------.......

I never said that one is better then the other- Just Driffrent....:embarrassed:

Fan is short for FANATIC AND IM ONE

RealMissPiggy

Reaction score
I never said that one is better then the other- Just Driffrent....:embarrassed:

Fan is short for FANATIC AND IM ONE :crazy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
But that is the target market 3 1/2 year old kids that want to learn and count to 20+
The thing is I remember when the target was 6-10 year olds . I'm really sad that it has been aimed lower :frown:.
After all, it is better that they aim as high as they can early on :smile:. Even if the SS I remember was not aimed at three year old me I remember understanding it just the same back in the day :big_grin:

I think the more 'all ages' things the muppets do the more muppety they really act IMHO, phooey on target ages.
Oh course, I know I watched MBs far into my teens and still watch it today. And what was their target?
3-8? *lol*

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Going on what was said earlier, I was introduced to the Muppets from Muppet Babies, and though obviously Muppet Babies was an important part of my childhood, the Muppets are so much more than that and I don't want people to think I am solely a Muppet Babies fan.

I was lucky enough to watch reruns of such classics as The Frog Prince, Emmet Otter, The Muppet Show, and Muppet Family Christmas on Nickelodeon when I was growing up, along with Muppet Babies. And on the Disney Channel, I would watch Fraggle Rock and on ocassion, I would watch Sesame Street as well.

I think as a small child, I really connected to the spirit of Muppet Babies, which was mainly about using your imagination and I still really embrace that lesson. But, the Muppets really shine through best as puppets, not cartoons. And a wider audience can really enjoy projects such as The Muppet Show, which I will admit, though I watched all the time, I didn't remember details as well as Muppet Babies. (That's not to say I didn't or don't love it. Though I will say that now, that I'm an adult, I really got something else out of it.)

Amazingly enough, it was only in the past six months that I saw the original three Muppet Movies for the first time and I was touched. I think that's why I decided to join Muppet Central in the first place. Seeing those movies really sparked something in me. I felt like I was five again.

Marky

Reaction score
I was always into puppets as a kid - this is why The Muppet Babies didn't really do anything for me (Plus I was 9 going on 10). I watched it, but considered it a completely second-rate project.
I knew who Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz and Richard Hunt were when I was a kid - I did class projects on The Muppets any chance I could!

So... I also knew that none of them were even doing the voices for the MB cartoon. No puppetry - no original cast... meh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I want to say that i love the Muppet Babies and i think in the end of it all it may really have intorduced a younger crowed to the classic muppets.