Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey folks!

Please take time to sign up for this message board and vote for the Memphis part of Kermit's trip. We (Lin, Antone, Janet, and I) spent a LOT of time and effort to create some great photos of Kermit and his trip to Memphis! Plus, of everywhere he went, we were the only group who took him home to Leland, MS! The winner wins Kermit the Frog and all the goodies he got from all the places he went on his trip!

So, please go here and vote for Memphis!
http://masterreplicas.com/forum/sho...thread.php&t=1388&cm_mmc=MR-_-NL-_-233-_-none

And if you don't remember the pictures, please visit this part of my website:
http://muley.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=13

Voting ends February 1st, so please go vote!

Davina

Reaction score
ooh.. hope you win... :smile: If i could have thought of any great places for him up here in Alaska (ok, and hadn't been in a really bad car accident that messed me up too much to take him to the few places i _could_ think of...) I'd have had him up here... hrm.. still might take mine out touring just for fun when it gets warmer.. and we have a bit more daylight....)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're all awesome buddies! Thanks, WOE! It's good when Bert can count on his Ernie. :smile:

Davina, sorry to hear about the accident! I don't recall hearing about it until now. Maybe I missed a thread or something, but I hope you're healing well and quick!

Now, a few things about posing Kermit that I discovered as I went along with him:

First, the head has to be pulled all the way up on the body of the poser, then jutted forward some to give him a lean-forward, being puppeteered look.

Illustration: http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL742/3120815/6345768/298259842.jpg

The Kermit smile is by keeping the top and bottom palettes of the mouth straight, but the back part of the top pallette must be pinched up ever so slightly. The top pallatte must be kept straight so you can't see it in a straight-on photo, and the bottom pallette is open, but not all the way as wide that it touches the body.

The body poses have to look as if they are being positioned by putting a hand and arm in the poser and arm rods are posing the arms and legs.

The fingers have to keep a straight view and can't suddenly look like the frog has been stricken with arthritis. And the collar has to be posed straight down and against the body.

Another small detail is that the hands, when waving, have to be facing palm-out (so the thumbs point toward the body), and when he's sitting down, unless the bottoms of his feet are touching something, point his feet downard.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
And the collar has to be posed straight down and against the body.
This is the only thing I disagree with you on, although you are not incorrect. I like to pose the collar away from the body slightly. Even though the puppet could never do this, on the poser I think it helps add a little dimension.

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is the only thing I disagree with you on, although you are not incorrect. I like to pose the collar away from the body slightly. Even though the puppet could never do this, on the poser I think it helps add a little dimension.

:stick_out_tongue:
I guess I should have said: The collar doesn't twist and curl up on the ends away from the body as if attacking Kermit's neck. :smile:

Some of the pictures I have seen seemed that folks didn't care to reshape the collar in a position down on him more.

You're right, though. This is the look I appreciate:
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/aphs10708111142.widec.jpg

Davina

Reaction score
it was a while back.. early august.. I stopped for a traffic light.. the big, full sized (ie, one step down from a semi..) delivery truck behind me, didn't...
luckily I was in my station wagon at the time (and the kids and dogs were all at home and not in the back..) my car was crushed, buckled in up to just behind me.. the driver's seat broke, so i didn't get pushed into the steering wheel, and i was actually able to walk away from the whole thing with just a scratch on my hand... though my shoulder and spine were completely mangled and my pelvis was twisted.. was in a whole lot of pain for a good long time, but i've got a great chiropractor and by the first of october i could actually stand up mostly straight again and sit for several hours and wasn't in constaint pain anymore...
all in all.. could have been a WHOLE lot worse and i definately had someone looking out for me that day.. even if it did total my station wagon.. *sigh* (no one's making "real" station wagons anymore!)
still being worked on, and have to build strength back up too, as i was very limited on what i could do for months.. but.. i'm getting better.. just missed out on a few opportunities - like Kermit's road trip :smile:

thanks for the posing tips too, though.. that will help a lot when we put him back up :smile: (took him down to take all the Christmas decor down, inc. his santa suit.. and cuz we're redoing my step daughters' room.. lots of plaster sanding....)

Telly

Reaction score
That sounds scary Davina! I'm glad you're alright though and that the kids and dog weren't in the car!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow, and I'm very glad you're still posting on MC, Davina. That's frightening. I worry about driving sometimes because I just know one day it's going to happen to me here in Memphis (these drivers are horrible).

Glad you're better, though!