In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

beaker

Reaction score
I actually think them taking a long time is a good sign :smile:. Better a well planned out meaningful movie than a rushed out, updated to be 'cool', meaningless money maker movie :wisdom: !
In my view, any Fraggle movie is a good movie...to me it sounds too good to be true, but it shall definately be glorious if this pans out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not hoping for any movie. I'm more concerned that it's good, considering how some of the more modern Muppet projects turned out. If it doesn't end up good, I'll try to forget it ever happened, heh.

Redsonga

Reaction score
In my view, any Fraggle movie is a good movie...to me it sounds too good to be true, but it shall definately be glorious if this pans out.
I just have had some bad history with the re-dos of My Little Pony and Care Bears, I don't want Fraggle Rock to be on my list of classic childhood series that went wrong :sympathy:

beaker

Reaction score
I just have had some bad history with the re-dos of My Little Pony and Care Bears, I don't want Fraggle Rock to be on my list of classic childhood series that went wrong :sympathy:
I understand, I'm just saying that regardless if it's destined to be a classic...the possibility of a Fraggle Rock film becoming a reality. Given it doesnt have Disney presiding over it, or a Sesame Street air of having to be pure early child development focused, I believe much care and attention would be made by everyone involved to ensure it was magical.

I am really hoping this and the Brian Henson/Bill Baretta Muppet scripted movie goes into production in the next year or so.

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
In the original series in whatever country Fraggle Rock was shown in, the chacther of "Doc" was diffrent to blend in with the culture of that Country. in my country England Doc was a lighthouse keeper called "The Captain", of chourse he still had a dog named Sprokect like Doc. in France it was a cheif, and so on. this is why a movie just won't work. because these countries are so used to seeing thier country's chacther. so if the Movie starred "Doc" it won't make any sence to anyone outside the USA because they won't understand who Doc is and why the Lighthouse Keeper or the Cheif has gone.
how do you think the Jim Henson company will work there way round this?
do you think they'll make serveal versions of the film?

anytimepally

Reaction score
I was thinking.. I think David Rudman could modify the Baby Bear voice to work for Junior Gorg

Redsonga

Reaction score
In the original series in whatever country Fraggle Rock was shown in, the chacther of "Doc" was diffrent to blend in with the culture of that Country. in my country England Doc was a lighthouse keeper called "The Captain", of chourse he still had a dog named Sprokect like Doc. in France it was a cheif, and so on. this is why a movie just won't work. because these countries are so used to seeing thier country's chacther. so if the Movie starred "Doc" it won't make any sence to anyone outside the USA because they won't understand who Doc is and why the Lighthouse Keeper or the Cheif has gone.
how do you think the Jim Henson company will work there way round this?
do you think they'll make serveal versions of the film?
I think they would ether use Doc (because the US version was the main version) or make up a whole other human family altogether who just happen to own a certain dog :wink:
If it is Doc most little ones would not know the show in memory so it would be new to them, and besides Doc was the one in Muppet Family Christmas:smile:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Doc was the one in Muppet Family Christmas:smile:

THats what i was going to say. If they were to use Doc, it would be the original.

Follow that Bird Starred Big Bird. Elmo in Grouch Land ALSO had Big... But not every country knows him. So, i think they'd do the same thing.

I know that if i was watchin a Sesame Movie and it had another countries character, i wouldn't care for it at all... so i can see how people would feel, but he was the original... So, i'm hoping he makes a small cameo at the least.

Redsonga

Reaction score
THats what i was going to say. If they were to use Doc, it would be the original.

Follow that Bird Starred Big Bird. Elmo in Grouch Land ALSO had Big... But not every country knows him. So, i think they'd do the same thing.

I know that if i was watchin a Sesame Movie and it had another countries character, i wouldn't care for it at all... so i can see how people would feel, but he was the original... So, i'm hoping he makes a small cameo at the least.
I hope they can get him and don't think he is too old :smile: