1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Even though we've been talking about it for more than a year, Henson officially announced they are going forward with a Fraggle Rock film. Find out who is writing the screenplay and more in this exciting announcement.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/101906.shtml
  2. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

YES!!!!!! :smirk:
  3. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

YAHOO! Def will have to be there for the first screening
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yaeeeeeyyyy!! *Flailing arms about like our froggy leader.

This is great fantasticabulous news Phil! That means that the three main branches of the Henson family will finally be represented with theatrical releases. Oh, I can hardly wait! This'll be a must see, probably the first Henson Muppet movie I'll actually have seen at the movies.
    Man, I rully hope everybody's in on this: Jerry, Steve, Karen, Kathy, and Dave... And Doc as well of course.
    Oh, spread the Fragglish excitement!
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

HIP HIP HOORAY! They Fraggle are going to dance into theaters sometime in the future. I can't wait and can't even imagin how it will be. I'm just glad to see something new with my all time favoirte Jim Henson creation. Fraggle Rock. *starts singing the theme song and jumping around the room*
  6. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

YEAH!!! Oh, I can't wait! I can't believe I'm going to see fraggles on the big screen! :excited:
  7. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

This is so awesome I just can't wait. :smirk: :excited: , love Fraggles.
  8. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

Whoopie!

:excited: [Insert obligatory term of excitement and anticipation here] :excited:
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Ooh! Ooh! Happy-happy joy-joy! :crazy: ;)

It'll be great to see the Fraggles together again, can't wait!

This. Is. Great. News... thanks!! Oh I can't wait, it's soo made my day!! :excited:
  10. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  11. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Man, I can't wait. One concern... does anyone know if Gerry Parks is still alive? it wouldn't be a Fraggle movie without Doc, or Sprocket.
  12. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Oh MY God! :excited:

This is great news, I think I mcuh rather hear of this than a new Muppet Movie. I've always loved the Fraggles and thought it was a shame they were only ever used for the TV Show unlike Sesame Street & The Muppets. And finally we'll get to see something new involving MOKEY (hopefully)
  13. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

This is the part I love about this movie:
    Ahment Zappa is writing it.
    One of Frank Zappa's sons.
    That in itself makes this movie something to see!
  14. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

I saw the last name of the director and I was like, "Ahment Zappa? Frank Zappa? Is it a common name German name?"
  15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*bounces* Oh this is SOOOOO exciting!! The Fraggles are finally coming to the big screen! Oh how happy!! I'm gonna have to see it like eight times!! *bounces bounces bounces* Oh this is so great!!! I really hope we see Doc (and yes, Gerry Parks is still alive) and maybe even Cantus. Ooh, I wonder if Junior Gorg will get a new performer, or if maybe we just won't see him. I don't see how that can be though, he was a core part of the show. But still! FRAGGLE MOVIE!!! *dances cares away*
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

My first immediate thoughts too. I really hope Jerry is feeling well enough to do this. Now that would be a great note to retire on!

IMDB lists that he hasn't done anything since 2004, but that's about it. I wonder when we'll see a complete cast list? :excited:
  17. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Oh my oh my oh my oh my!!!!! This is the best news I've heard in a long time!!!! Can't wait!
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow! I heard this was coming, but didn't expect an official notice for at least another year! I'm eagerly awaiting any new developments!

And I desperatly hope that all the original voices will be back, and that we don't get corny cameo's of famous silly-people...
  19. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Yeah! No Fraggle Holes leading to the set of Scrubs, okay!?
  20. christyb

christyb New Member

*looks at Beau*

How'd you get outta that closet? We had you in there pretty good so you couldn't take over the movie. Anyways, I'm excited. Albeit I know it's still a ways off...I can't wait to see it. That and I'd love to write it myself buuuttttt...kudos to the guy who got the job and a forwarning...we're all watching you like a hawk! You better make it good. Mwhahaha :)