In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

zns

Reaction score
All right. This has been the best news since they plannned to release Sesame Street: Old School. Can't wait to see the trailer. :smile: :smile: :smile:

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I really hope Jerry is feeling well enough to do this. Now that would be a great note to retire on!
I agree, I hope Jerry is able to cope with his lung disease to be in the film.

I always believed that Wembley was Steve's number one character and would love Wembley to be the star of the film.

Beauregard

Reaction score
What I hope is that Mokey doesn't get moved to the background...that would be tragic.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... Could a moderator please edit my above post?
Meant to say Dave in that list of Muppeteers, but I listed Steve twice.
Thanks.

Oh, and if this is a Fraggle film, I'd think that all the main characters will get their chance to shine including Mokey and the Gorgs and the Trash Heap and...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, do you think there will be new characters? And if so, are there any muppeteers you'd like to see with a FR charcter? Bill would be great as a fraggle.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure... Any of the still present/active cast they can get... Maybe Teri or David Rudman... Or hopefully they can get Ricky Boyd to do some new characters in either his own style or in a Richard-esque manner.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock Movie To Be Written By...

...Ahmet Zappa???

So, they lose Jerry Juhl, inspired genius, co-creator of the show and characters, oldest and longest-running head-writer of all of Muppetdom, and replace him with...THIS?!?!? I just don't get it. Where are the other in-house people? Where's anyone else who's written a Muppet-related thing, or a kids' movie or any movie? I really don't get it.

-Squigiman

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hey, do you think there will be new characters? And if so, are there any muppeteers you'd like to see with a FR charcter? Bill would be great as a fraggle.
I read a thread here once about someone wonderin' why Frank never had a special Fraggle on the side he could do from time to time. How awesome would it be to have a Frank appear, even for a brief cameo, with the others... a guy can dream, can't he?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
When they make their movie, things are going to have to be large scale and overblown to bring in the viewing public to the theatres.

Picture the Trash Heap as big as a city.
How about 'Gorg City', with thousands of Gorgs.
The discovery that some Fraggles can fly.
and a Doozer-metropolis.

superboober

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I'll need to know more about plot specifics before I fully commit to seeing it, so anyone who finds anything mroe specific out, please post them here.

And don't be too worried about Mokey, I think; if indeed Brian and Lisa will be steering it, she'll be in the front with the others, I'm fairly confident.