In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hmmm.. this is truly great news. And this wouldn't be an expensive movie overall, since it will be alot of live action locations, the sets, puppets, etc wont cost as much. It would be interesting to see what they do for the songs especially since (supposedly) Frank Zappa's son is writing.

Im hoping Gerry decides to be in it, he probablly will, but who knows. Plus, wonder if they will have any guest stars voicing the fraggles? That might be interesting as well. It would be neat if some famous singers reanact some fraggle songs from the show. But I am really excited about this!

Woohoo! :excited:

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
I'm not getting excited until I'm sure this is being done right. The Fraggles have been off the air for a LOOOONG time. To me, that just means they'll be more things that can go wrong.

Plus I'm a big believer in ending on a high note, which is the series did. I'm worried a movie might ruin things if it doesn't turn out right.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
Man, I can't wait. One concern... does anyone know if Gerry Parks is still alive? it wouldn't be a Fraggle movie without Doc, or Sprocket.
He is, but I think he may be retired. I've been playing phone and email tag with his agent to do an interview with GP for MC (which he's apparently willing to do), and his agent described him as 'homebound'.

Reminds me, I owe the agency another follow-up phone call.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
{SNIP}...his agent described him as 'homebound'.
Ouch! Homebound! I know that term. It basically means due to ill health you can't leave your home anymore except to go to the doctor because you are very sick.

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in on Ahmet Zappa's past experience in writing? :confused:

Foodie

Reaction score
Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

*vomits in the best way possible* :smirk: :excited:

Nick

BEAR

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
I'm not getting excited until I'm sure this is being done right. The Fraggles have been off the air for a LOOOONG time. To me, that just means they'll be more things that can go wrong.

Plus I'm a big believer in ending on a high note, which is the series did. I'm worried a movie might ruin things if it doesn't turn out right.

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you, party pooper!! :stick_out_tongue: Just teasing.

I for one am extatic (sp?)!! I knew (or atleast had a strong belief) that this was going to actually happen. It was just a matter of time before we got the official word from Henson. Oh this is great! I also agree that this film could not be happening at a better time. We need it. Our country needs it! The WORLD needs it!!!

MattFraggle

Reaction score
ay-Yoopadad! is-oopadad, he-thoopadad, est-boopadad, ews-noppadad, in a ear-yoopadad!

Rufffafluff!