1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

yea that was the thing the hollywood reporter thing that scrolles

2. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Matt was performed by Dave Goelz. Where have you heard about Marty performing him? Perhaps he did the country specific inserts for one of the international productions, in manner of David Barclay, Mike Quinn etc.

3. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

yeah i don;t see Marty Roberson on any fraggle credits

Dave Goelz # "Fraggle Rock" .... Boober Fraggle / Philo / Travelling Uncle Matt Fraggle / Wrench / Additional Muppets (1983-1987) / Additional Muppets (5 episodes, 1983-1987)

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Sorry about the confusion. Was going by what I thought was his vocal style... Again, I'm sorry for any confusion my previous posts might've caused.

5. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I still get a kick out of seeing Travelling Matt in 80s Toronto.

6. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I have terrible fears of the Fraggles becoming rappers when they come to Outer Space.

7. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Let's hope they don't put some person in the movie and make the plot revolve around them.

8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I understand what you are getting at there. If Dave was unavailable and needed to be replaced, Marty Robinson would be the perfect candidate to play Travelling Matt.

9. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

That would be hilarious!

MC Boober!

;)

10. Dil

Dil Guest

How 'bout when Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red go to the Human World, they would then go to TRUE outer space; out of the Earth; which the Fraggles call Outer-Outer Space?

11. Dil

Dil Guest

How do you like the idea when Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red go to TRUE outer-space, which the Fraggles call Outer-Outer Space?

12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

why in the world would they want the Fraggles to go into "Outer-Outer Space"!!!????? :confused: :concern: :attitude:

13. Dil

Dil Guest

Because, some people do not want other people to be confused anymore, though in one scene, when Gobo is saying to a human, 'What the heck is going on here in outer space?', then the human replies, 'Hmm, that's rediculous, this isn't outer space.' Then Gobo says 'It is to me.'.

14. Dil

Dil Guest

Here's the fact:

Outer-Outer Space is the outside of both Fraggle Rock and the Human World.
    TRUE Outer Space would be called Outer-Outer Space by the Fraggles, because it is outside both Fraggle Rock AND the Human World (which the Fraggles call outer space).

15. dkmontgomery

dkmontgomery Member

interesting!

INTERESTING!:rolleyes:

16. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I think the idea is awful and pointless. The whole idea of fraggle rock is world peace, not interplanetary exploration.

17. Dil

Dil Guest

That idea is good to me, in fact, they'll have world peace, then later, it'll be funny while the Fraggles are in outer-outer space, not having the viewers confused anymore, much like Scooter as a go-fer.

18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What does Scooter have to do with anything?

19. Dil

Dil Guest

I meant... uh, A whole new world is coming to the Fraggles after a comical adventure in the Human World. Hee hee!

20. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Are you drunk?

Of course the idea is good to you. It's your idea. I just don't see why or even how they would end up on a space shuttle going into space. Fraggle Rock may be a fantasy show, but it is at least some what believable that it could take palce in our world. You start adding aliens into that, and you're just getting silly.