In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm really surprised there's nothin' up on IMDB yet, this is the event of the century!

mrsieve

Reaction score
I hope the movie is filmed in Toronto, just like the series was. :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Even though we've known something was in the works for a while, I'm SO glad to have official confirmation. Hooray! It will be wonderful to see this series moving forward with new material!

King Prawn

Reaction score
The more I think about this movie the more excited I get over it. Although I’d like to say I’d love to go to the cinema to see this movie and eat my toffee pop corn as I watch the film on the Big screen I’ll probably end up watching it in the comfort of my own home since I can probably download it before it even arrives to the cinemas here but I’ll buy twenty copies as soon as the movie comes out on DVD :smile: . Who am I kidding I’ll have to end up going to the cinema to watch this that’s one of the most exciting things about all this to actually have the Fraggle’s come to the big screen, though I’ll have to find some young kids to take because I doubt any of my friends would go with me.

The only thing I hope is that in this movie we are brought back to the actual Fraggle Rock and not just the Fraggle five, I’ve been reading stuff online that the movie will focus on the Fraggle travelling to Outer Space (The Real World) so although it’s going to be cool seeing the Fraggle’s in the real world like the Muppets (well like the Muppets in their first few films not the later ones) I still hope they can devote some time at the start of the movie and maybe the end of it to the actual Fraggle Rock along with the Doozers and other Fraggle’s. I also hope we get to see the Trash Heap and her two sidekicks and Sprocket is a must. Sprocket must be in this movie! Although I do understand if we get no Gorgs in the movie seeing as they’d have to probably rebuilt those complicated Gorgs for a few scenes unless Junior decides to dig a hole through Fraggle Rock and squeeze himself out through the Fraggle Hole that leads to Doc’s Workshop.

I wonder how they’ll deal with the Fraggles in the outside world either they can ignore the fact that Travelling Matt was seen throughout the series interacting with humans as the Muppets usually do and have the Fraggle’s be these strange creatures in a new world were humans would be curious as to what they were (as Doc was at the end of the series) or they go the other direction where it’s normal to have the Fraggles interact with humans as Uncle Matt does and as do the Muppets & Sesame Street characters. I think I’m thinking into this a little too much now

If they do decide to go the “it’s normal to have the Fraggles in the real world” way maybe it could go a little something like this

The Fraggles having just entered “Outer Space” walk through a park and come upon Statler & Waldorf sitting on a bench. Like if Disney was about to let that happen but anyway…

Statler: hey look who finally came out of their hole in the wall

Waldorf: it’s those guys… wow the company must really be looking for new ideas if they’ve brought these guys back

Statler & Waldorf start laughing at the Fraggle’s who just stand their watching them. A daughter and her father pass by

Girl: (Pointing at them) look Daddy, Muppets!

They walk away

Gobo: hey we’re not Muppets! We’re Fraggle’s

Wembley: Gobo…. What’s a Muppet?

Gobo: I don’t know it must be something strange and silly these silly creature like

Boober: thank Fraggle we’re not Muppets; just thinking of what they could be makes be woozy… I knew I should have stayed back home washing laundry

Well maybe not exactly like that but it would help explain the situation. Anyway I’m getting to worked up over this movie just typing this message so I’m going to stop now and go to bed, if I can finally get to sleep.

:smirk: :excited: