In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

wes

Reaction score
my concern and worry is that they try to use Convincing John or Cantus. that would ruin the movie for me, for as much as they try to replace Jim's voice it's just not the same.:cry:

And another Concern:Ahmet Zappa, of the Zappa Family i think I last saw him and his brother host a 3rd rate game show for d list actors, He's crazy, it will be interesting to see what Ahmet can do with Jim and Jerry work.:sympathy:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I read a thread here once about someone wonderin' why Frank never had a special Fraggle on the side he could do from time to time. How awesome would it be to have a Frank appear, even for a brief cameo, with the others... a guy can dream, can't he?
When I first saw Convincing John, I thought he was performed by Frank Oz because I thought CJ sounded like Rowlf.

mrsieve

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
Man, I can't wait. One concern... does anyone know if Gerry Parks is still alive? it wouldn't be a Fraggle movie without Doc, or Sprocket.
Mr. Parkes is still living in Canada (since 1956, he is originally from Ireland), the last movie he made that I can recall was called Saint Ralph (Canadian production) in 2004.

The following was borrowed from:
henson .com / company / 20061019.html

(sorry I haven't posted 10 messages, so I am unable to enter the proper link) "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more."

October 19, 2006
THE RUMORS ARE TRUE! Fraggle Rock Feature is in the Works!

The Jim Henson Company Developing a new big-screen adventure for Fraggles
Hollywood, CA (October 19, 2006) – The Jim Henson Company now confirms what millions of internet fans have speculated: the Company is in development on a full-length feature about the Fraggles, stars of the 1980’s television show “Fraggle Rock.” The announcement was made today by Lisa Henson who serves as co-CEO of The Jim Henson Company with her brother Brian Henson. The untitled film will for the first time take Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red on an adventure outside of Fraggle Rock where they will interact with the strange beings in “outer space” (also known as humans). The treatment is being written by author Ahmet Zappa (The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless) who will also executive produce the project with Brian Henson and Jason Lust. Lisa Henson will produce.​

Lisa Henson said, “’Fraggle Rock’ has remained a favorite project at our Company and has certainly continued to be loved by its many devoted fans, so we are thrilled to begin work on this project. With its message of celebrating diversity and its ambitious goal of promoting world peace, now is the perfect time to embark on a new Fraggle adventure.”
“I’m very excited to be working with The Jim Henson Company on this project,” said Ahmet Zappa. “So much of my childhood was spent watching ‘Fraggle Rock’…I never missed an episode! I’m also really looking forward to using music to tell the story; it played such a central role in the original series and truly helped create the ‘Fraggle Rock’ that we know and love today.”​

“Fraggle Rock” premiered on HBO in 1983 and over five seasons garnered multiple awards and a global fan following. The show was created by Jim Henson as an international co-production and was adapted for each territory to meet the needs of its audience. By showing cooperation and conflict resolution among the different inhabitants of the Rock (the Fraggles, the Doozers and the Gorgs), the show taught the concepts of mutual respect and peace. Recently, devoted fans petitioned online for a DVD release of the series. The season one box set exceeded expectations and its incredibly strong consumer response led to the successful season two release.​

wes

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
When I first saw Convincing John, I thought he was performed by Frank Oz because I thought CJ sounded like Rowlf.

Frank Oz did not do Rowlf Jim Henson did Rowlf.:sympathy:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
WOW! Thats AWSOME! Im SOOOOOOOOOO exCITED! I wonder if the company will do a contest to be an extra in it or an extra Fraggle. I have gotten a picture with the main person of a few of my favorite things, the Five Fraggles would complete it, if not over throw it!
1. Brian Henson
2. Jodi Benson
3. Amy Lee from Evanescence, (not yet but going to the concert on Wed!)
4. And half the cast of Return to Halloweentown! (I was one of the guys using magic at the lunch table!)
The Fraggles would be AWSOME! OR! The Fraggles with the puppeteers! Nice.
:excited:

DavidRock

Reaction score
This is soo good to hear. It'll be cool to have the Fraggles back. :excited::excited::excited:

This may sound a bit stupid but do they have a set of real puppets they always use and they'll re-use them again for the movie or will they make new ones?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Why, if they're still on seemingly good terms with Jocelyn Stevenson, Susan Juhl, David Young, Robert Sandler, and Sugith Varughese, would they have Ahment Zappa write the screenplay? I have to wonder if his adoration of FR includes appreciation and awareness of it's subtlety and delicate balance of 'silly and profound' Sugith Varughese has noted.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Luke

Reaction score
This is really great news - i think they will get all the main puppeteers back (with Jerry looping i guess if he can't puppeteer) as you can't really go for the nostalgia factor if the characters sound different. I doubt if they'll use Gerry Parkes as Doc but you never know - and it'd be interesting how they handled the Doc situation seeing as they were different in each country. Jocelyn Stevenson worked at Henson on Hoobs last so has been there recently, now at HIT so i guess she would be involved in some way, if only licensing because as we know HIT licenses the fraggles. Only concern is Henson taking it forward as an independant project for now, and there's not even a writer or producer attached yet. My guess is even though they've announced it, it could still be very touch and go as to whether it will actually see the light of day, and you might not be looking at a theatrical release. "Five Children & It" was a Henson project and wasn't independant and that wasn't even very well promoted or viewed. And as for Jim's characters ... well maybe they should let Brian do em!!!

Skye

Reaction score
I think this is pretty cool that it's official, and I am looking forward to it. It'll be really interesting to see what they decide, and how they put everything together!