In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I'm with Bry on this one... Misinformed assertions, Disney doesn't have a hold on the Fraggles as part of their MHC.

BEAR

Reaction score
It's like when people start blaming Disney of things related to Sesame Street. The Walt Disney Company has nothing to do with Sesame Street Muppet characters. People can't separate the two (or 3) groups.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ok so today my roomie comes home and tells me that he saw on his way to work a billboard about some fraggle rock musical or fraggle rock has gone musical sign over here in hollywood...anyone else who lives here know what this is all about?

BEAR

Reaction score
Haven't seen it yet, but I haven't been out towards Hollywood since about a week or so ago.

Beauregard

Reaction score
BEAR said:
It's like when people start blaming Disney of things related to Sesame Street. The Walt Disney Company has nothing to do with Sesame Street Muppet characters. People can't separate the two (or 3) groups.
Never fails to make me laugh.

Oh, that billboard sounds interesting, anyone got any more details )aka images?) on that?

rurulesunc

Reaction score
I drive through Hollywood on my way home from work every day. I havent seen anything but I stick to Highland or Vine so if its on a different road (which is highly likely) I wouldnt see it....

Hmm thinking about it, maybe they were driving past Hollywood and Highland where they have headlines from the Hollywood Reporter that cycle through kinda like Times Square. Maybe it was listed up there as a scrolling thing?

wes

Reaction score
Does any one think if the movie turns out well that the Henson Exsectives might consider a new seires or reruns of the old show to be put out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
It's like when people start blaming Disney of things related to Sesame Street. The Walt Disney Company has nothing to do with Sesame Street Muppet characters.
My opinion? Things on SS would be noticably WORSE is Dis owned SS. I'm talkin' more Elmo under a cheaper puppeteer and some tie-in to Baby Einstein. HAs anyone actually seen some of it? The puppets look like freaking oven mitts with eyes sloppily glues on.

unclematt

Reaction score
Are all the original Muppeteers coming back?

D

Dil

Yes. I hope so.

And the 5 Fraggles should have an adventure in the Human World, then go into TRUE outer space, which the Fraggles call Outer-Outer Space.