In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am just going to say this as loud as it can be typed. I DONT WANT A DIRECT TO TV MOVIE!
Agreed. But if we have to chose between the horrible decision of DTV or No movie at all, I'm going to have to say DTV is the better of the 2. i WANT a theatrical film, not a cheap little DVD. If they can make 2 harold and Kumars (thinking about them only because an add just aired on TV), someone can get a Fraggle Film together. maybe Lion's Gate and HIT can make it happen.

unclematt

Reaction score
I honestly think I can say I would rather not have a movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I honestly think I can say I would rather not have a movie.
I'd rather have a Rubber Duckie...but that's hardly an option right now.

Bea:zany:{But floats better than a movie in the tub}regard

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, if it is only on tv there might be a chance it might not be cheapy after all :wink:. There is always hope, and FR has never been cheap by nature to make IMHO (besides maybe, the cartoon version:smile:)....

Erine81981

Reaction score
I guess i'm find with whatever they do i would have really wanted a theater movie but i'm with it no matter what.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm Convinced

:excited: I have faith that this theatrical Fraggle Rock movie is happening. With the Muppets gone, the Fraggles are now the crown jewel in the Henson Company cap. I can imagine any trouble drumming up support for this project is due to the misconception by many studio executives that the Fraggle brand isn't very strong and see it as a long gone cable niche program. This film has mass appeal - global appeal as we know. I imagine the trouble is from a financial point of view. Puppet building sets and new additional CG work (that we know will be appropriately integrated) costs a lot. The cost alone would secure this as a theatrical feature. Don't lose heart. It will just take some time. The Fraggles have remained uncorrupted and I'm certain Henson is insuring that in this lengthy preproduction. :coy:

In fact, I see two or three Fraggle films in the future if they're done right. It would be nice to get a Fraggle trilogy like the original Muppet one. I think this will be quite successful while keeping Fraggle values intact. Bottom line = this is happening...eventually. :busy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think now is a perfect time FOR a Fraggle Rock movie...With racism gaining strength again as the contry fills up with imagrants.

I'd love to see something along those lines relating to Fraggle-world.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great point, Beau. It's time for a global message again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think now is a perfect time FOR a Fraggle Rock movie...With racism gaining strength again as the contry fills up with imagrants.

I'd love to see something along those lines relating to Fraggle-world.
A nice idea, that. Though I hardly think that (political opinion) the Fraggles will unmask the huge corporate conspiracy that makes immagrants the scapegoat for their greed and willingness to over turn various human rights while buying political influence and paying off pundits (end political opinion). But it also will try to stem the tide of hate. Of course... the question is, will those values still be in the minds of the kids who see this film, when they become bitter hateful adults?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy: Will Pat Buchanan and Lou Dobbs make all of the Fraggles register for special work visas, will they try to throw them completely out of the country or simply toss them back into their fraggle holes? :embarrassed:

"We must seal every fraggle hole for national security!" :attitude:
He he. But seriously I am impatient for a Fraggle movie for the simple fact that the world needs their message now more than ever.