In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Though I hardly think that (political opinion) the Fraggles will unmask the huge corporate conspiracy that makes immagrants the scapegoat for their greed and willingness to over turn various human rights while buying political influence and paying off pundits (end political opinion).
Oh, I think anything's possible! Hehe

But it also will try to stem the tide of hate. Of course... the question is, will those values still be in the minds of the kids who see this film, when they become bitter hateful adults?
Well it's always better to try. You will reach some kids and not others. Not even parents can reach everyone. People have to make their own decisions. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
:coy: Will Pat Buchanan and Lou Dobbs make all of the Fraggles register for special work visas, will they try to throw them completely out of the country or simply toss them back into their fraggle holes? :embarrassed:
Hey, whatever they can do so Fraggles don't have any union, health insurance, or minimum wage... and if them Fraggles don't like it, it's back to the holes for them.

but enough of this witty banter that's completely off topic.

I really hope that either Sababa renews the license, or someone else gets it so we can see Fraggle Merchandising to coinside with the movie. But some high quality stuff. I can't imagine a Fraggle action figure line (ad if I do, it would be more akin to children's toys than the Palisades Muppet line). But PVC sets would be great. Something similar to the Dozzer figures. I know we're getting that Mini vynal figure line, but, you know... basic PVC's of as many characters as possible.

Maybe Schliech could get a new license. i just love their Smurf figures. We have the main characters, like Gargamel, Smurfette, and Papa Smurf, all the while with generic Smurfs with graduation day attire, Karate Outfits, Soccer Uniforms, and musical instruments. Imagine a line of just generic Fraggles wearing different attire like that.

beaker

Reaction score
Hey, whatever they can do so Fraggles don't have any union, health insurance, or minimum wage... and if them Fraggles don't like it, it's back to the holes for them.

but enough of this witty banter that's completely off topic.

I really hope that either Sababa renews the license, or someone else gets it so we can see Fraggle Merchandising to coinside with the movie. But some high quality stuff. I can't imagine a Fraggle action figure line
Oh whoah, hold the phone. Ive been imagining Fraggle Rock figures for 26 years dude...no no, there has to be Fraggle Rock figures.

And yeah, given the massive hate thats been going on worldwide, the clash of cultures and civilizations...the world NEEDS Fraggle Rock more than ever(THANK GOODNESS we'll never see a "this is why your moms and dads are dying/killing in wars" special like with Sesame Street these days)

In fact, I see two or three Fraggle films in the future if they're done right. It would be nice to get a Fraggle trilogy like the original Muppet one. I think this will be quite successful while keeping Fraggle values intact. Bottom line = this is happening...eventually. :busy:
I share the enthusiasm!

I honestly think I can say I would rather not have a movie.
I would have to politely, but vehemently disagree with you:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I just want it done well. Not just a movie for the sake of having one. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Beeker it all right that we disagree. I just want to make sure that a lot of love is put into this movie and I dont think it will be if it is a TV movie or Direct To Video

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well I just want it done well. Not just a movie for the sake of having one. :smile:

Which would mean the movie's clearly taking a while, due to the fact they want to get it down, and get it right. And let's not forget, we've come out of a bitter writer's strike a couple months ago, so that clearly delayed the project a little while.

And as I've said with the upcoming "untitled Muppet Project script" thread, you'll usually have these little lulls in production, especially after the script is written. i have a feeling it will happen at some point. I will be disappointed if it doesn't get a theatrical release, and the fact they've decided DC2 has to be DTV (all the while, Walden Media keeps dropping off the most obscure kids books and makes telefilm quality junk outside of Narnia, and they're all theatrically released) really worries me. But even a DTV movie will be better than nothing at all. But it HAS to be theatrical. Even if they just show it once at Kidtoonz cinema.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I really hope the movie open with the theme music
I expect the theme music will play after perhaps a dramatic entrance of somekind. Maybe not with Gobo running through Fraggle rock though. Something like the theme in Mission Impossible movies maybe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope the movie open with the theme music
Most movies based off TV shows start off with the iconic theme song. Even the horrible Inspector gadget movie had the original Shuki Levy/Haim Saban composed track (oddly enough, they're the only Gadget revival to do so, relying on cheap sound-a-likes instead). Now, what I want to know is will we have a complete re-creation of the theme song?

Of course... I forget... Did Follow that Bird begin with the Sesame theme at all? even a small, instrumental bit? I remember it beginning with the Grouch National Anthem.

And then again, NONE of the Muppet movies had the Muppet theme song in the opening. So, it depends on if they're going in the direction of TV show remake, or continuation of the series....