In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

unclematt

Reaction score
I hope it is not a relaunch as well. I never thought about that. I just assumed it would be a continuation.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I hope it is not a relaunch as well. I never thought about that. I just assumed it would be a continuation.
But the people involved said that they may have to retell the origin, considering that it has be so long since the Fraggles were in the public eye.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
There was an origin? I think there's not a need to explain where the fraggles came from. All they need to do is show up, really. (If there was an origin, feel free to imagine me posting this icon again and again. :embarrassed: )

RedPiggy

Reaction score
But, so far as we know, the Rock itself is rather timeless (at least from our perspective). You don't need a huge origin story. You could still have a main plot with flashbacks and references to flesh things out. It's not like FR was all THAT dependent on their origins: and what origin would you talk about anyway? Proto-Fraggles? The ancient Fraggles when they had leaders? Or would you describe the Rock Fraggles separating from the Cave (actually, that might make a cool flashback)? Is the Weeba beast important? Why sum up the series' plot if you're going to have the F5 go out into Outer Space on an independent adventure anyway? Doc wasn't a big part of their lives until the end. He and Sprocket were just there. There's no reason we can't have the same concept with other Silly Creatures. If it is a sequel, you can reference the Gorg hostility without re-hashing it. After all, that'd be some grudge if anyone even cares about old hostilities 20-something years after the fact -- oh, wait, I live in the South ... never mind. j/k

My point is we didn't find out everything about FR in the pilot -- so there's no need to bring it up and spell it out in the movie.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There was an origin? I think there's not a need to explain where the fraggles came from. All they need to do is show up, really. (If there was an origin, feel free to imagine me posting this icon again and again. :embarrassed: )
I meant origin, as in how the show started and how we met the core characters.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Is Ahmet still doing it? His name isn't listed on IMDB in any form

wwfpooh

Reaction score
IMDB is quite unreliable anyway, given that it's incomplete and inaccurate. I mean, for WWE alone, it lists Triple H under that stage name & under his real name of Paul Micheal Levesque, but forgets to do the same for Mark William Calaway (The Undertaker).

RL4422

Reaction score
It's about time! I have been trying to get my niece and nephew hooked. They are hooked on those horrible Wiggles... what happened to GOOD childhood television :smile: Hopefully this will bring them back to life for this generation! :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you check out the second thread "Weinstine rolls out with Fraggle Film" you'll see he really WASN'T behind the finished script. he's actually credited (and still is) for the main treatment of the film... the basic storyline. The second writer is basically there to fill in the dialogue and flush the script out fuller.