In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If you check out the second thread "Weinstine rolls out with Fraggle Film" you'll see he really WASN'T behind the finished script. he's actually credited (and still is) for the main treatment of the film... the basic storyline. The second writer is basically there to fill in the dialogue and flush the script out fuller.
Just as long as the film has a Fraggle feel, I'll be ready to "dance...cares away" again.

Yorick

Reaction score
The show was so amazing, that I fear the film will lose something in the translation to whatever "today's entertainment" is supposed to feel like. And since my favorite episode is the last one, and they both play such important roles in it, I highly doubt I could watch it without Jerry Nelson or Gerry Parkes. It just wouldn't feel right to me. Any folks from the original crew that we're lucky enough to still have with us, I would love to have involved in the film, as long as they can, and are interested.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show was so amazing, that I fear the film will lose something in the translation to whatever "today's entertainment" is supposed to feel like.
While I've gone from "This Movie's gonna happen" to "this movie might just happen, I hope," the one thing that was stated multiple times by the writer of the script in his own blog is that he wants to do a Fraggle Film in a way that will make the fans happy. He renounced (or is it denounced?) any claims that they would "Shrek it up" (in his words) and he wants to keep it as timeless as possible. He says there will only be one small celebrity cameo, and it' nothing like MFS, VMX, or Oz. Everything he said about the film for the year and a half it was in pre-preproduction gives me hope as a fan he wants to recapture the show as best as he can (the only things that need to be changed are basically TV to Film, half hour to 90 minutes plot technicalities) and we're not going to get some crummy Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs/Shark Tale type deal out of this.

So stay patient for that... I'm more worried that they're having all this problems with Weinstine trying to fund it.

Yorick

Reaction score
Very good to hear! Thanks for the info! :smile: And as you say, now we just have to hope for the best with the funding and the film happening in general, as long as we know it's in good hands.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I still cannot WAIT to see this movie. It's gunna be huge! Fact.

Go Fraggles!

unclematt

Reaction score
Does anyone want to speculate on the one celebrity cameo?

zns

Reaction score
I'm more excited for the Fraggles than a celebrity cameo. But it would still be nice to see someone famous make a small appearance. :smirk::excited::coy:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
when i first found out about the movie [in november i think] i think my overjoy of seeing them again overshadowed reality that it won't be the same. first of all richard's dead, jerry's dead, and i heard from my sister one of the female muppeteers died too.

but whatever, as long as I can see Gobo, Mokey, Wimbly, Boober, Red, the Gorgs, Doc and Sprocket [and the replacement muppeteers at least TRY to do the voices] i'll be happy. [seeing Mokey, Boober and Junior again will make me so happy. the Fraggles mean so much to my childhood :excited::coy::smirk:]