Funniest SST Moments

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always loved the claymation chair that kept bumping into things. Me and my cousin used to imitate that for the longest time when we were little.

Kiki

Reaction score
(Man, it's been a while since I've replied to this thread!)

Grover and Kermit are fabulou together. There's this one sketch where Kermit actually slams the door on Grovers head (when he's a door-to-door salesman)! I know it's a little harsh of me, since I love Grover, but it *was* hilerious.

There's also this one sketch where Elmo's talking to some other monster (I *think* it was Cookie- sorry for the vaguenness) and he snaps at him. Not over-the-top, but... it's just seeing Elmo cross! He was sort of snappy, it was a funny thing to witness, actually.

Anything with Ernie and Bert. They're two of my faves. Too many moments to mention, really. Cookie's hilerious, too. He comes up with some pretty wacky stuff.

Harvey Kneeslapper's great, too. Such a weirdo. x33

Will post more once I can remember.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Grover and Kermit are fabulou together. There's this one sketch where Kermit actually slams the door on Grovers head (when he's a door-to-door salesman)! I know it's a little harsh of me, since I love Grover, but it *was* hilerious.
There's also a sketch where Mr. Johnson does that to Grover, where he's a wig salesman.

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
In the sketch where Grover is attempting to sell Kermit earmuffs, I can't help but crack up when Kermit snaps, "I don't want any earmuffs, Grover!" and Grover screams back, "WHY NOOOT?"

ISNorden

Reaction score
There's also a sketch where Mr. Johnson does that to Grover, where he's a wig salesman.
Grover also gets the door slammed on his foot just before he delivers the "singing and dancing telegram" to Mr. Johnson, if I recall correctly. (This was the skit that revealed his official name, BTW...)

dwmckim

Reaction score
That is indeed a classic but you didn't quote the BEST line..."I told you - FROGS DON'T HAVE EARS! (We hear anyway.)"

ISNorden

Reaction score
That is indeed a classic but you didn't quote the BEST line..."I told you - FROGS DON'T HAVE EARS! (We hear anyway.)"
The calm, understated "We hear anyway" in the middle of Kermit's rant only adds to the humor. You'd think that Grover would learn his lesson after a few anatomically impossible sales, and stick to human customers. :super:

blackaerin

Reaction score
You'd think that Grover would learn his lesson after a few anatomically impossible sales, and stick to human customers. :super:
i guess it only further shows how much of a friend Grover considers Kermit to be, enough to want to sell him things he considers as very important for his daily needs.
(Grover, unlike some salespeople, would only sell things to others only if he truly believes that they well and truly need it and not just because of the money. )

dwmckim

Reaction score
The very funniest for me was the Super Grover sketch where he decides the best way to turn on a computer is A) run around in circles and scream at the top of your lungs, and if that fails B) hop up and down and say "Wubba wubba" (because it sounds so nice to say anyway)
Even funnier still is the fact that most people who work professionally in tech support tend to utilize similar methods!

I know i've talked about these two sketches many a time over the last twelve years but they're so classicly hilarious they bear repeating...

The Dullard teaching the Hipster about shapes (in a spin on Visual Thinking) with Northern Calloway voicing the hipster ("OW! CIRCLES!") and Frank doing the dullard (with one of the largest noses ever on an AM) ("Don't DO that") Best moment (besides Hipster grooving on his guitar): "Now do you know what a square is?" "I know WHO a square is!"

And my all time fave (non-song) sketch is "2,3,4 Art Gallery" with Biff putting up the titles for paintings with splotches. Even though AFAIK he was a one time character, Salvador Dada was one of Jim's funniest characters. After cracking up at Jim's brilliant performance all throughout - they go out with simply the best ending ever - a PERFECTLY delivered punch line ("I've entitled zis painting 'Chicken Zoup'") but then immediately follow it up with Salvador doing this hilarious dance with the mute museum guard seen during the scene's establishing shot along with the ending music as Biff mutters to himself in the background, "Chicken soup? What is this? Oh no". That was actually an in joke with my Muppet loving friends in college when someone was bewildered with something randomly strange, we'd mutter "Chicken soup?"

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Oscar appears on "Ze Grouchy Chef":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrki8jepUzk

One of my favorite parts is when David leans forward in his chair and starts yelling at Oscar and the chef, Olivia looks like she's starting to tell him he's yelling at a TV, then David finally realizes it himself and says, "What am I yelling at a television for?" and sits back down.