Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got to admit, Man of LaMuncha was alright, and actually had the "Dream the Impossible Dream" parody. Breakfast club could have at LEAST had the song parody of "Don't you forget about me." I liked Dinner Theater, and the idea of it being theater about Dinner... but how about they have different puppets. I think they were going for a small play house with the same actors type deal. Plus, it would be great if some of them took place outside of a dinner table.

I think the main objective was to further the idea of eating together with family.

Anyway, I really hope they just have better segments this season. The newer parody things they had this year (especially Law and Order) were really well done... the number and letter segments were weak.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Besides rerunning old Two-Headed Monster sketches or producing new ones with them sounding out words, it would be great if Sesame Street reran those animated segments where a man tries to read a word, which has it's letters rearranged.

I guess it would be too much to wish for this season to include the sketch where Lefty attempted to sell Ernie a stop sign, or The Word is No.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They could show where that pencil was dancing to some funky music and trying to spell and sound out the word dance. And then he does the tap number at the end.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, that is true, Ed. I was the one who said the info about SS taping one month out of the year. They told me that when I visitted the Kaufman Astoria Studios a couple months ago. However, maybe they film other bits and pieces elsewhere. That is just where the main set is. So who knows. I am just looking forward to what the new season brings and what our Sesame Street family will be up to.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Ever since the first episode in 1969, celebrities have been an integral part of the show. This season will be no exception as several big name celebs have already recorded new inserts for inclusion in season 38. Anderson Cooper will demonstrate Grouch journalism with the help of Oscar and Grouch reporters Dan Rathernot and Walter Cranky. James Blunt will sing a about triangles to Telly with a variant on his song "You're Beautiful". And Elmo will get a lesson in football from the New York Jets (Coach Eric Mangini and players Ben Graham, Laveranues Coles and Chad Pennington).

Also, from what I've heard on some blog, there will be one segment (celebrity) that will show the INSIDE of Oscar's can. Unless they could be making it up, I don't know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that Atlantic Records doesn't ever prevent Sesame Workshop from including it's "You're Beautiful" parody on any DVD releases, like Atlantic did to "Weird Al" Yankovic's parody, which can only be downloaded thanks to Atlantic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think James Blunt himself allowed him to parody it, and gave his blessing to have it available for download. I guess this is the same case here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think James Blunt himself allowed him to parody it, and gave his blessing to have it available for download. I guess this is the same case here.
Yes, he allowed for the parody to be written, but then Atlantic Records, who he is under contract with, refused to allow for the parody to be released on an album. I read somewhere that it's because Atlantic Records fears that he will be seen as a one-hit wonder if Weird Al parodies one of his songs so early in his career (maybe that has changed by now).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I read somewhere that it's because Atlantic Records fears that he will be seen as a one-hit wonder if Weird Al parodies one of his songs so early in his career (maybe that has changed by now).
You mean he isn't already? :boo: :sleep: Dwoah ho ho ho!

I guess Atlantic is allowing it, since he's singing it himself on Sesame Street, which is a very high profile show.

Status
Not open for further replies.